19. Dark Secret

Be thankful for what you have;
You'll end up having more.
If you Concentrate on what you don't have,
You will never, ever have enough.

_______________________________________

Karuna Pov

Shockingly I started running towards their direction to stop Rani from hurting my mother. As I was only few meters away from them Rani threatened me.

"Stop or I will shoot her.", She warned.

I stopped immediately and started begging her,

"Please Rani don't do anything to her please I will do whatever you want but please leave her please."

I kneeled down and joined both my palms together.

"Please Rani leave her. You want to take revenge from me then hurt me but please don't hurt her.", I said and tears started falling from my eyes.

Rani watched me begging and gave her one of the most cunning smile and said,

"That's what I am doing you fool hurting your mother means indirectly hurting you, ha..ha..ha..ha", She started laughing evilly.

"MAA...", Karan shouted shockingly.

I stand straight on my feet after watching Karan.

"Who are you? Leave her.", Karan said worriedly while going towards Rani.

"Stay in your place or else I will shoot her.", Rani said it to Karan.

Karan halted in his place like a statue and looked at me confusedly as if he is asking What's going on here?

I shook my head in denial gesturing him that I don't know why she is here? and Why she is doing all this?

"Please leave me.", Maa begged while crying.

"The way you all had left me once.", Rani taunted her.

I didn't understand what she mean by that? We left her! When?

"What do you mean?", I enquired.

"I had already told you to ask your parents you dumb girl.", She said irritatedly.

I remembered she had called me when I was in school and when I had asked her why she is doing this then she told me to ask my parents and I had also made up my mind to ask them after reaching home but then Raj came and I forgot about this.

I looked at Maa questioningly. She kept on looking at Rani with tears in her eyes.

"Maa what she is saying? What you and paa know?", I asked her.

But she didn't even glance at me and continued to stare at Rani.

"Maa?", I said in higher pitch to gain her attention.

She looked at me with her teary eyes and then bent down her head.

I can sense there is some very big reason behind Rani's such behaviour and it's directly connected with my parents. Both of  them are hiding something big. I don't know what is it?

Suddenly I heard a car horn and I recognised that it's my father's car horn.

Maa instantly lifted her head and watched towards the main gate. I guess she also understood that it's her husband's car horn.

From Window I saw Paa coming towards the house and he is carrying some packets of vegetables in his hand. Whenever he returned from his work he brings some vegetables with him. It's his old habit.