15

"Revenge, the sweetest morsel to the mouth that ever was cooked in hell

"Revenge, the sweetest morsel to the mouth that ever was cooked in hell."

—Walter Scott

Clarke and Finn never returned with the hunting parties, and Astoria hadn't found out until she came back from calming herself down after seeing Raven leaving Bellamy's tent. She walked into the camp just as Bellamy carried a boy inside—who Astoria knew was Myles, one of the sweeter teenagers—who had been attacked by grounders. Astoria soon found out that whilst the small search party had found the boy, they had lost Monty in the process. Not to mention, there was still no sight of Clarke or Finn.

She yelled at Bellamy for not coming to find her for help, but the man was quick to inform her that she shouldn't have left camp in the first place. Both were on edge with one another—both will feelings of betrayal that neither could justify. The only difference was that Astoria knew what Bellamy was angry with her about; the man had no idea that she knew about his time with Raven.

It had been a few hours since then, and Astoria walked through the camp to the dropship. She wanted to make sure Myles was alright, both because she wanted to distract herself from the incoming grounders that could strike at any moment, and because she wanted to gain any information she could about her friends disappearances.

But when she stepped foot inside the metal ship, she froze as Murphy moved the gun from where it was pointed at Jasper to being aimed at her chest. She had left her bow at one of the patrol stations, and the only weapon she had on her was the small knife at her hip. But it didn't seem like Murphy was going to give her the chance to use it.

"Don't move!" he screamed, and she made sure to listen. She suddenly regretted punching him hours before, and she hoped he had forgotten about the growing bruise on his nose. He pointed the gun back to Jasper, who stood just in front of Astoria. "Both of you."

"Murphy—" she tried, but he interrupted her quickly.

"Shut up!" he yelled, shaking his gun slightly to remind her that he had more power than she did.

Jasper nodded his head, "Okay, okay." When his eyes trailed to Myles, Astoria let hers follow. The boy was still—too still. The grounder was quick to put together that Murphy had killed him. "It's cool," Jasper continued to try and calm the him down.

"No, it's not." Murphy shook his head. "You know what'll happen to me if you tell Bellamy."

"Tell Bellamy what?" the older man's voice crackled through the air, and Astoria narrowed her eyes. Raven, she had been working on making walkie-talkies for the group; she must've finished and distributed them whilst Astoria was gone.

The dropship grew silent, and Astoria felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. "Give me the radio, Jasper," Murphy demanded, and Astoria took one step back towards the exit.