𝔬𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔲𝔭𝔬𝔫 𝔞 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢

It had been centuries since the last war had ended

It had been centuries since the last war had ended. The Battle of Asteria had put the Great War to an end...the final battle between light and dark magic. The magic users from each kingdom rallied together against the evil mistress, Morana. After months of living in destruction and fearing that Morana would succeed over the power of good, soldiers from the kingdom Aireviel discovered that she had hidden herself amongst the forests just beyond the kingdom walls. Several hours of battling with Morana had passed until the magic users of eight kingdoms finally cornered her, granting her no escape. Using the powers that had been gifted to them by their amulets, the magic users stripped Morana of her dark spells and banished her to a distant island in the Black Sea.

When the war ended, the world flourished with peace and hope. Fear was a distant thought to the minds of the people and magic, once again, became a beautiful and wondrous thing that was not to be used for destruction. From that time going forth, every kingdom grew and prospered. Soon enough, Morana grew to be nothing but a myth.

Morana sulked in her defeat, reveling in her plans of vengeance on the eight kingdoms who caused her downfall. Morana eventually regained some of her wicked magic and was able to release herself from her captivity on the deserted island. The villages stirred upon her arrival as Morana made her rounds through all the kingdoms, leaving her black markings on the brick walls.

Each magic user had a vision that night...a vision of her return to destroy their world. The very next day, they all gathered where their borders met in the center of the world. There they found a prophecy engraved into stone reading:

The time is now upon us
Where you know not who to trust
The light is fading into the depths
Sinking down to complete darkness
The world proceeds to collapse into fear
Not knowing what wicked that might draw near
We must look to a new generation of hope
As the world learns how to survive and cope
Gifted with the powers of old
To fight the mistress brave and bold
The colors of light must be protected at all costs
For if they are taken by evil, all will be lost
The eight must rise against all
For if they fail, the kingdoms will fall

The magic users hurried back to their kingdoms to bear the news. Fortunately, they could sense that Morana was weak and it would take time for her to regain her power. The only problem was that no matter how hard they searched, she could not be found. Despite Morana's weakness, she released manipulative spells onto the people. Corruption flowed through the hearts of the citizens, causing people to turn on one another without a moment's notice.

Many years had passed and Morana had still not made any attempts of destruction. The lives within the kingdoms went on as normal as possible, but there was always an understanding about what lurked throughout the world. As the years passed, the kingdoms eventually had a young prince or princess roaming through the halls. After being told about the prophecy, the kings and queens prepared their children for the quest they would come to journey upon. Each child is to be given the amulet with the power to defeat Morana if used with the other seven.

When the eight are deemed ready, then and only then will they embark on this journey to defeat the mistress of evil.

"Are we really trusting a group of children with the fate of our world?"

"Did you read the damn stone?"