𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

As the nine so called heroes saddled up their well deserved horses and packed the supplies that had been gifted to them, the terrifying thought of how close they actually were to the island that surged with evil crossed their minds

As the nine so called heroes saddled up their well deserved horses and packed the supplies that had been gifted to them, the terrifying thought of how close they actually were to the island that surged with evil crossed their minds. Deep down, none of them wanted to leave the safety of Therondia, none of them wanted to walk straight into potential death. But no matter how many times those thoughts crossed their minds, the importance of keeping their kingdoms safe surpassed it all. Sure, none of them were really supposed to be heroes, but if that's what the world believed they were...then that's what they had to be.

Corrine and Bai were working on preparing the horses for travel, well, Corrine was technically the only one truly working. Bai was currently harassing a poor stable girl with his horrible jokes and obnoxious 'bad boy' demeanor.

Corrine rolled her eyes and leaned up against her horse, arms crossed in an irritated manner. "Bai Hua! How dare you!" Bai immediately spun around and looked at her with a blank stare. Corrine marched over to him and interlinked her arm with his. "I cannot believe that you would spend time with another female on our anniversary!"

Bai began to stutter but no words followed as his eyes shifted between Corrine and the maiden he had been trying to impress. The girl shook her head in disgust and walked away.

Bai shoved Corrine away. "Dude! What the hell was that?!"

"One, that was a little reminder as to why we are actually here and two, I was saving a damsel in distress."

"She was not in 'distress'," he groaned as he curled his fingers to make air quotes.

"Whatever, go finish saddling up."

"Go finish saddling up," Bai mimicked back in a childish tone.

Corrine shot him a glare.

"Okay okay, I'm going!"

Corrine returned to packing canisters of water into the satchels that dangled from the horse's side when Andrea tapped her shoulder

Corrine returned to packing canisters of water into the satchels that dangled from the horse's side when Andrea tapped her shoulder. Corrine turned around to face her.

Andrea cocked her head to the side, motioning to Eros kneeling before a little girl who was handing him a small yellow flower. "Looks like you got some competition."