𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

Andrea was the first to let out a horrific shriek as she watched the raging waves lap over where Bai and Kai once were and began to frantically claw her way through the waters in that direction

Andrea was the first to let out a horrific shriek as she watched the raging waves lap over where Bai and Kai once were and began to frantically claw her way through the waters in that direction. Several called after her but she didn't listen, her eyes locked on the waters for any sight of the boys. Once she got close enough, she quickly took a deep breath and dove under the waters. While trying to keep herself from getting swept out any further, her squinted eyes scanned her surroundings but even her eyes couldn't pierce such dark waters. She looked up to the surface and kicked her way up until her head broke the waterline.

"I can't see them!" She sputtered through coughs. "I can't find them! They're gone!"

The others finally had the chance to catch up to her. Eros got to her first and attempted to calm her down. "Andrea," he spoke as calmly as he could manage. "We will find them. They can handle themselves, they'll be okay."

"You don't know that!" She screamed back. "Wh-What do we do. How are we supposed to find them?!" Andrea quickly looked across the faces of the group until her eyes locked on Nizhoni, who looked like she could fall unconscious any second. "Oh my g- Nizhoni, are you okay?"

Nizhoni clutched her arm to her bloodstained shirt and shook her head. "Don't worry about me."

Axel, eyes plagued with panic, paddled closer to her and took her arm to find a gash that covered her entire forearm carved deep into her skin. He was utterly speechless, all he could do was look back up at her tired eyes.

"The splintered wood from the boat got me," she spoke weakly.

"She's going to bleed out," Axel said shakily as he wrapped his arm around Nizhoni to keep her head above the water. "We have to get to shore now."

"Not without Kai and Bai!" Andrea argued.

"Then we need to find them quickly," Darron interjected. "We don't know what Nizhoni's blood could attract."

Andrea's ears perked up at what sounded like a voice in the distance.

"Andrea!"

Her eyes widened as she quickly located where the sound was coming from, seeing Bai treading the water desperately with Kai's limp body in his arms.

"Help!" Bai cried.

Andrea quickly gathered herself and started to swim to him as her life depended on it, with the others close behind. Andrea paddled harder and harder the closer she got and slung Kai over her shoulder once she reached him.

"Bai, what happened?" Andrea asked through panted breaths. Corrine had followed her and relieved him from the weight of Kai.

"I-I-I don't know," he stuttered. "When that-that thing fell on top of us, I couldn't see anything. When I got to the surface, he was j-just floating there." Bai bit the inside of his cheek to keep the tears from falling. "I thought he was dead. He has a pulse...but it's super weak."