𝔱𝔴𝔬

𝘾𝙊𝙍𝙍𝙄𝙉𝙀

𝘾𝙊𝙍𝙍𝙄𝙉𝙀

It was a perfect day to break the rules. The sun shining down through the leaves overhead with a cooling breeze blowing through the warm air. Corrine felt her feet pounding the ground as her long, blonde hair blew behind her. She gripped the daggers in her hands tightly and built up her speed from a jog to a sprint. Corrine jumped up into the air, pushed off a boulder, spun around and smashed one of her daggers into a nearby tree.

"Bullseye," the princess chuckled to herself.

Corrine continued to run through the forbidden woods. She whipped her second dagger into another tree then drew her sword from her waist, slashing her way through the thick branches and leaves. Corrine ducked under a branch that snapped back towards and cut it down. Finally, with one more powerful swing, Corrine lodged her sword into a thick tree trunk. She let out a sharp exhale of satisfaction and sunk into the soft grass. As she rolled onto her back she sprawled her arms out on the ground.

"How could they keep me from such a beautiful place," Corrine muttered to herself. She plucked a small white flower from the ground and twirled it between her thumb and index finger.

Corrine's peaceful thoughts were interrupted by the sound of branches snapping. She immediately sat up and went to unsheathe her sword, only to realize it wasn't there. The girl quietly, yet quickly scrambled to the tree where she had left her sword. She propped her foot on the trunk and yanked the blade out of the wood. While remaining light on her feet, Corrine shuffled her way to her dagger, which was still stuck in a tree to her left.

The atmosphere darkened around her and the warm air chilled. A black shadow flashed by then disappeared into the trees.

Corrine gripped the handles of her blades harder. "What the hell."

In a split second, the dark shape raced by again. Corrine sent her dagger flying at the shadow but it disappeared just before the blade could pierce its figure. Corrine was shocked, but that didn't stop her from chasing after it. She rounded a corner and found the shadow hovering over a trunk. She swung at it, but once again, it disappeared, leaving her with her sword stuck in the tree.

"I don't think the trees like that," a voice mocked behind her.

Corrine's heart leaped out of her chest as she ripped her sword out of the tree and held it to the man's throat. She found a familiar face, it was a royal guardsman.

"Peter!" she exclaimed. "What the hell are you doing?! You scared the shit out of me!" Corrine sheathed her sword in an annoyed manner.

"Fairy Godmother would like to speak with you."

Corrine threw her hands in the air. "If this is about those mice and that weird, magical cheese just tell her I'm sorry!"

Peter proceeded calmly. "It's something else, something far more important."