𝔱𝔢𝔫

The group of teens had been traveling for a least an hour at this point, meaning they had to be close if what the hunter said was true

"We should be closing in on their borders. The tree line is starting to thin out a bit up ahead," Darron pointed out. There was a moment of silence before Darren asked, "So you all have like powers right?"

"You can say that," Axel responded.

"Is there a possibility that any of you may be able to uh...fly?"

The group halted.

"Why?" Eros asked suspiciously.

"We are going to be able to see jack shit in the dark. If someone could fly up above the trees then we could get an idea of where we really are and how to get in."

"I can lift things into the air," Nizhoni said confidently.

"Can you lift people?"

"I can try."

Andrea swung herself off her horse. "I'll go, it's my fault he was taken."

"Andrea, it wasn't your fault," Aurelia insisted.

"Well, he's not here is he? I'm supposed to have damn heightened senses and I couldn't even be useful enough to prevent an ambush. I ran like a coward."

"An—"

"It's final, I'm going."

"Are you sure?"

"Just don't drop me and we will just along very nicely."

Nizhoni took a deep breath, her heart pounding at the idea of her dropping Andrea. She slowly rose her hand, her palm facing the nervous girl, eyes falling to a close. Nizhoni's mind centered in on Andrea as she gradually rose her hand to lift Andrea's feet off the ground. Andrea gulped as she watched her feet begin to dangle in the air and move farther away from the safety of the ground.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

Andrea ducked her head under her arms while she slowly passed through the layers of branches.

"You could go a little faster!" Andrea grunted, doing her best not to let any branches poke her eyes out or whip her in the face.

Nizhoni moved her hand a little faster.

"STOP STOP STOP!" Andrea shrieked. "Too fast!"

"Sorry Andee," Nizhoni apologized, her words strained with anxiety. "Can you see anything?"

"Yeah, looks like some sort of fortress. It looks abandoned but there has to be someone there. The torches are lit."

Nizhoni looked to Darron for answers.

"They're definitely home then. Alright, bring her down."

Nizhoni lowered her hand and relaxed her fingers, slowly bringing Andrea down to the stability of her feet.