𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

"We should set up camp early tonight," Nizhoni suggested as she slung one of Kai's arms over her shoulder to help Axel carry him

"I agree," Corrine exhaled and slowly helped Eros sit up. "We took a beating."

"Are we sure here is the best option?" Aurelia scanned the woods for any opening that could lead them out from the depths of the forest. "The woods are too thick, anything could sneak up on us."

"I can scout ahead and see if there is any clearing," Andrea declared.

"How? We have no horses." Bai pointed out.

Andrea look around in disbelief, not knowing that the horses had taken off. "Shit, the giants must've spooked them." Andrea swung her bow onto her back. "Doesn't matter, I'm going anyway."

Bai grabbed Andrea's arm before she could vanish into the trees. "Nuh uh, no you're not. At least not without a trusty steed."

Bai dropped to all fours and grew into a strong stallion with a shiny black coat. Andrea hesitated but eventually lifted herself up onto Bai's back and twisted her fingers into his mane.

"This is so friggin' weird. What do I even say to you?" she laughed.

"How about...' Onward my handsome, courageous, intelligent steed!', because that sounds perfect to me."

"Absolutely not." Andrea gave him a firm heel to his side. "Just go." 

Bai started off into a trot. "Harsh. You're no fun, and you don't have to actually kick me. I can understand you damn fine."

"Aren't horses not supposed to talk?"

"Bite me."

Once Bai and Andrea were out of sight, the rest of the group started to unload the bags that they had luckily carried on their backs instead of disappearing with the horses

Once Bai and Andrea were out of sight, the rest of the group started to unload the bags that they had luckily carried on their backs instead of disappearing with the horses. Aura spent her time collecting twigs and branches for the fire while Nizhoni and Axel tended to Kai's ankle.

Axel placed his hands on Kai's swollen, purple foot and slowly twisted it to the right. "Does that hurt?"

Kai shook his head.