𝔰𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

The shore was only three miles away from Therondia, meaning that it would be a quick trip there before they reached the next part of their journey

The shore was only three miles away from Therondia, meaning that it would be a quick trip there before they reached the next part of their journey...crossing the Black Sea. None of them had ever been near such wicked waters, but Triton didn't move his kingdom far away from that location for nothing. Corrine and Eros had already decided that they would make the quick trek to the shoreline and set up camp. Crossing the sea as soon as they arrived wouldn't be the smartest move considering the island of Nukpana was at least 35 miles out and night would fall before they could reach land. No one wanted to be in the middle of monster infested waters in utter darkness. In reality, not even in broad daylight. No one had ever crossed the Black Sea and returned, but none of them were quite ready to worry about that yet.

The forest was quiet and unlike all the hundreds of miles they had traveled prior to this moment, the atmosphere looked like it hadn't been touched by an ounce of evil. Though it was deemed to be strange, it was a much more appreciated change of setting. The sun shone gently through the vibrant green leaves overhead while a stream skipped its way ahead through the trees, bouncing off the pebbles and soil. Even birds could be heard and the soft sound of wildlife rustling through the fallen leaves and twigs. Everything about the kingdom of Therondia had a sense of peace...hope, which didn't seem to make any sense considering it was the kingdom closest to her island. Then again, Therondia had never engaged in the war to bring Morana down from her malevolent throne.

The horses trotted gracefully through the woods, weaving the nine of them through the trees and greenery. As they got closer and closer to the shoreline, not only Andrea could hear the waves cracking on the sand. Kai's eyes locked on the sandy terrain ahead as he took in a deep breath of the salty air.

"I've been staring at too many trees for way too many days," Kai sighed as a relieved smile crept over his cheeks. "Forests are definitely not my forte, but a beach? Count me in."

Bai batted his eye lashes at Kai. "Can you teach me how to look for pearls, fish-boy?" He asked in a teasing manner.

Kai pointed his index finger into the air and began to swirl it around, causing a dark storm could to form over Bai's head. And with the snap of his fingers, rain poured down on the prince of China. Bai's arms flung over his head to make a useless attempt of sheltering himself from the chilly showers.

"I'm not a fish-boy, Bee," he smirked. "But you, my jealous friend, are now soaked."

Bai glared at him from the corner of his eye. "Not funny."

Kai laughed to himself and shrugged, "It's kinda funny."

"It's funny when it's not me for once!" Axel laughed. "That's all I dealt with the first couple of days."