𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔳𝔢

"How much further until we are back on trial?" Kai asked breathlessly as he tried to pick up his limp as best as possible, pain shooting up his leg with every step

Darron rubbed his eyes and attempted to keep himself awake. "Less than a quarter mile I think."

"Thank god," Kai muttered.

"Ha, which one?" Eros laughed. He adjusted Bai's weight on his shoulder, trying to keep himself from sinking into the ground. "Sorry, I make stupid jokes when I'm tired."

"We need to rest as soon as we get back on the trail. We can't go on dragging like this and Bai keeps getting heavier," Corrine huffed.

"Are you calling me fat?" Bai scoffed.

"No," Corrine grunted. "I'm calling me tired."

Axel, who was at the back of the group, looked ahead to find Nizhoni, who seemed a little too quiet since last night.

Axel jogged so that he was now next to Nizhoni. "Everything alright?"

"Everything's fine," she answered shortly.

Axel tilted his head and stared at her with unconvinced eyes. "That is a total lie. What's wrong?"

Nizhoni exhaled sharply. "You're sending me mixed messages asshole."

Axel's brows furrowed together. "Wh-What do you mean?" He choked up.

Nizhoni slowed her gait so that the two of them were now at the back of the group. "For one minute you act like you want something with me and then you flirt with Kai like your life depends on it."

Axel tried to say something but Nizhoni cut him off. "I'm not someone who likes to stir shit and I'm not even the jealous type, but I do want you to tell me how it is. I hate it when people aren't upfront or sugar coat everything so give it to me straight."

All Axel could do was smile at her.

"Why are you smiling like an idiot? I can throw a brick at you face with my mind if you keep screwing with me."

"Because you're cute," he shrugged. He interlinked his fingers with hers. "I promise that Kai and I are nothing more than friends, brothers for that matter. Yes, we will flirt and act like idiots but that's who we are," he chuckled. "If you have a problem with that then I get it but I do want to give us a shot."

A big grin stretched over her face as she squeezed his hand back. "You're the first guy I haven't scared off."

"That's not surprising at all," Axel said sarcastically.

Nizhoni rolled her eyes, her lips frozen in a smile. "Shut up.

 "Shut up