Chapter 7

Thank you Jessy2900 for taking your time reading my story. If you have any ideas please let me know. I'm also sorry about the spelling or grammar mistakes, but I will edit everything once in finished. Thank you.

Rules

Alice woke up bright early. She gets out of bed and quickly uses the bathroom. After a quick shower and brushing her teeth, she gets dressed into something comfortable.

She was looking out her bedroom window to see a young man standing by the swing what's hanging from the tree

She was looking out her bedroom window to see a young man standing by the swing what's hanging from the tree. His back was to her, but he was tall, wide shoulders with dark curly brown hair. She jumped when she heard a huge bang coming from the next room. Brahms bedroom.

Alice walks out of her room, only to see Greta do the same. Greta eyes her, but says nothing. Greta tip-toes to his bedroom and peaks. Alice does the same.

Brahms is sat up on the side of his bed, like a real boy listening to his mother. By the sound of her voice, she's on the verge of tears.

'It's time for mommy and daddy to go now. You promised is that you will be good. You promised. Remember you must listen to...'

I noticed Mr Heelshire coming from his room. I sneak away quickly back into my room.

'I do apologise for the rush, Miss Evans.' Mr Heelshire says.

I heard Greta gasp in fright. I chuckle and come out of the room. She glares at me. My Heelshire is standing over her in a black suit, looking like he's going to a funeral than a vacation. He walks towards the stairs and motions for us to follow.

'It's been many years now since we've has a holiday and we're anxious to be off. Besides Brahms seems to be fond of you and in this matter his options is of the highest importance. I only wish we could have shown you some of the idiosyncrasies of life with a child as unique as our Brahms. But you'll figure them out, I suppose. I have some things to help you two long... ' he pulls out some papers.

'... A schedule. Mrs Heelshire took the effort to write one down for each of you.'

Again that impossibly perfect handwriting like something out of the 19th century. Times listed from 7:00 AM until midnight. From washing cheeks to reading stories - every hour full of something for Brahms.

Mr Heelshire hands us another paper. At the top is written "rules" under which is a set of rules listen 1 to 11.

1. No guests
2. Never leave Brahms alone
3. Save meals in freezer
4. Never cover Brahms face
5. Read bedtime story
6. Play music loudly
7. Clean the traps
8. Only Malcolm brings delivery
9. Brahms is to never leave
10. Don't go into attic
11. Kiss goodnight

Mr heelshire looks embarrassed. 'Rules might seem to be silly, but it's important that you follow them. Brahms isn't like other children and he can be particular. I'm afraid we might have indulged him a bit over the years.'

Mr Heelshire stops in the entrance-way, he looks as if he's going to cry. He reaches out and puts a large hand on Greta's shoulder, then gives it a pat.

'I'm a bit off today. It's been so long since we've gone anywhere.'

The taxi driver comes in. 'all ready then.'

'It's time, mother.' he calls up the stairs.

Mrs Heelshire appears holding Brahms in her arms. Tears on her cheeks as she slowly descends the stairs. One painful step at a time.

She kisses Brahma porcelain face one last time and hands him to Mr Heelshire.

Mrs Heelshire pulls us rightly in her arms and whispers in our ears. 'I'm so sorry.'

We stand there accepting the hug with. Bewildered hug of her own until Mr Heelshire leads Mrs Heelshire towards the door.

'Come on, dear, its time we left.

Mr Heelshire hands Brahms to Greta.

' Be good to him and he'll be good to you. Be bad to him... We'll, be good to him, won't you Miss Evans? "

Greta musters a smile. 'Of course. I'll treat him like my own.'

He turns to me. 'You should be fine Alice. Brahms already thinks of you as a sister of some sort.'

I smile. 'Now go and enjoy your vacation. You have nothing to worry about here.' I tell him.

All Mr Heelshire can muster is a weak nod. We watch then get into the taxi and watch it drive off.