Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"Hey are you alright? You just kind of left yesterday from the cafeteria and we couldn't find you the rest of the day." Layla asked concerned as soon as she saw Alison at the carpark.

"Yeah I wasn't feeling well so I left school." Alison guised.

"What exactly happened yesterday between you and the MIA girls?" Layla wondered.

"It's just-" Alison sighed before continuing "Nothing." She had no valid reason that actually proved the MIA girls to be the type of people she had assumed. Nonetheless, she had strong feelings that they had something to do with what happened to Anna and she was not going to sit put watching Anna being oppressed as such.

"For what it's worth, let's just forget about the whole thing and just shake it off. Shake, shake, shake it off. Shake it off...." Zoe lilted melodically.

"Thanks, Zoe." She replied giving her sincere smile. They continued walking into the school building and went to their respective classes. Thankfully, with the Bratz out of sight and out of drama. Alison walked through the cafeteria towards the loud laughter from Corey and joined her friends.

"Anyway, are you guys ready for Halloween?" Layla asked enthusiastically.

"Oh yeah it's almost that time of the year already. One thing you should know about Layla is that she's a Halloween freak! Think extremist. Zealot. Fanatic. It's her personal sacred festive of the year." Zoe explained.

"I think it's cute." Shane replied looking at Layla who instantly blushed.

"Ignore them. What are you going to be this year? Sexy housekeeper for me?" Corey wriggled his eyebrow towards Zoe.

"Ugh you wish. Even if I dressed as the sexy housekeeper, it'll be to sweep away your leftover ashes after I flare you up, Corndog." Zoe huffed.

"Damn, I hate that nickname. Stupid Jason has to start it." Corey cursed boring his glare towards Jason who just smiled back teasing him. Gosh, he looked so cute with those dimples, ugh... What is wrong with you, Alison! He's Jason, the mean and rude annoying soulless boy!

"Aw, shomeone ish being a cwy bawby, aren't chu cowndowg?" Zoe teased, patting on Corey's head as he scowled.

"That's enough. You're hurting his feelings. Don't be mean guys. So, this year, it'll be at your place right, Corndog?" Layla continued while they all burst out laughing as Corey grimaced.

"Seriously though, it'll be at your place, right?" Shane asked.

"Yeah, my parents will be out of town that time, so we can have it at my place. You guys better not leave before helping me clean up the place, though. Or my parents will literally murder me this time." Corey added bitterly.

"Yeah, yeah. If we're not that drunk, we'll help out, don't worry Cor-ndog." Shane replied making Corey to abruptly stood up from his seat, stomping away from the table who were still laughing very loudly.

"You're coming right? What are you going to be, Al?" Layla asked.

"What? I don't know. I don't think I'm going."

"What?!" everyone exclaimed.

"Why? No! You've to come! It's my holiday! It's like my birthday, but more important! It's like my wedding day and you're the bridesmaid. You need to... I demand you to come!" Layla insisted.

"Yeah, Al. She may let you off for not coming to the homecoming, but if you passed on the Halloween party as well... unless someone died or something. Oh my... she might just shatter whatever friendship you guys have and torment you for a long, long, long time before she actually forgives you again. Trust me, personal experience." Zoe explicated.