Chapter 36

Chapter 36

"Hi there, how're your hands?" Alison flinched at the thought of Jason's bruised and chipped hands, carefully holding them in hers.

"I just need to take my medications." He pulled her into his arms and pressed his lips against hers taking her in a surprise.

"I feel so much better now." He smirked making her to blush.

"We're in the middle of school." She whispered.

"I know. So?" He whispered along into her ears.

"They're watching us." She replied in a hushed.

"I don't care, let them watch." He whispered back closer into her ears which sends tingling sensation throughout her whole body, making her face crimson red.

"So, my girl is not only a badass, but she's also a fighter, huh? Should I be worried?" He teased.

"The more reason for you to be less worries." She gave a mischievous grin. They walked towards their class together.

Alison was walking with Anna towards their next history class together when she saw the Bratz walking their way from the corner of her eyes.

"Just keep walking and ignore them." Alison whispered to Anna.

"Yeah and I was just visiting my cousin who was from California High School, my oh my, the stories I heard." Mia was talking loudly to her two friends which caught Alison's attention that made her stopped in her steps instantly trying to catch her breath.

"Oh, that freak is from California, isn't she? Hey, are you eavesdropping again by standing there like an idiot?" Amber replied loudly.

"Be nice, Amber." Mia said to Amber sweetly.

"You never really told us which school you were from. I heard wild crazy stories from one of the high schools in L.A. Maybe you've heard of it... About the death of a certain blonde teenage girl... what was her name? Layla? No. Lilah? Lee Ann? Leigh? What was her name..." Mia trailed, pondering on her thoughts. The anticipation made Alison shocked beyond belief, her heartbeat was picking up the pace by the minute, her palms and forehead releasing cold sweat while her body was starting to feel very light. No, I can't breathe. My head. Help me. She pleaded in her heart wishing that she could open her mouth and scream but every ounce of her muscle seemed to be out of her control, frozen. Anna noticed the sudden change in her, she'd seen Alison in that similar state before, she knew she was going to have a panic attack soon. She swiftly pulled Alison away while she was still in her shocked state away from the mean girls.

"Breathe, Alison, take a deep breath. I'm here, Alison. Take a deep breath, Alison." Anna tried to calm her stunned friend who was still staring blankly into space, her eyes screaming fear, her breath was short and her face was pallid. Never would Anna ever think that she was able to say those words to anyone, she was usually the one who would need to calm herself from all the constant daggering words from the people around her. The turn of events completely surprised her of her own words.

"Alison, listen to me, you're alright. You're going to be fine. Take a deep breath." She continued, just then Corey, Shane and Jason were rushing towards them.

"Alison. Hey, I'm here. Alison. What happened?" Jason rubbed his hand along her arms sending comforting chills, causing her to slowly bringing her back from her gaze.

"I don't know, really. We were just walking when we passed Mia and the girls and then she just went into shock like that." She responded, her eyes still linger towards Alison who suddenly closed her eyes and her body losing her strength, which was quickly caught by Jason. He quickly carried her to the school clinic.

"She's waking up, nurse! Hey, are you alright?" Jason immediately rushed to her side as she slowly lifts her hands to rub her eyes, adjusting her eyes from the brightness of the lights.

"Yeah. Wha... What happened?" She asked in her hoarse voice.

"You fainted, Alison. How are you feeling?" Jason asked as the door of the clinic opened with Mrs. Brooke rushing to her side quickly, worried written on her face.

"Hey, Ally dear. Are you alright? You had another panic attack? Oh, I'm here, my dear." She rubbed her arms profusely in concern.

"Sorry, mom." She turned her face away from her mother's worried blue eyes and looked down to the floor.

"You don't have to apologize for anything, sweetheart. Remember what the psychiatrist said, you try to calm yourself down, but when it's too overwhelming, sometimes you just can't control it. I understand that so there's nothing to apologize, Ally dear." She said trying to provide solace for her daughter.

"Do you want to go home, right now?" Her mother asked.

"I'm fine now, mom. I think I could stay for the rest of the class and survive today. Thanks, and sorry for making you come to school again." She pouted looking at her mother.

"Any day, any time, I will always come for you. Are you sure you're fine? We can just go home right now if you want. Alright, I'll see you at home and then we'll talk more about what happened. Love you, Ally dear." She kissed her cheeks and walked out of the clinic leaving Alison and Jason, after thanking him who was still standing and listening to their conversation which Alison just realized.

"Feeling better?" He asked walking towards her.

"Yeah. I think we should get back to class? Thank you for helping me." She placed her hands over his, putting more meaning than the simple gratitude, he helped her when she was trying to scream in her head.

After the school was over for the day, Alison was swamped between all her friends including Anna. The people who sincerely cared about her.

"Are you alright? We were so worried when we heard it but the stuck-up nurse only allowed one person to be there with you. How are you feeling?" Zoe cursed in her signature eye roll.

"I'm fine now, thanks."

"Damn newbie, don't scare us like that again. My tender heart can only take so much." Corey exaggerated placing his hands on his chest.

"Shut up, Corndog. We don't need to know about your mushy puree heart right now." Zoe retorted.

"Damn Zoe, I'm really worried! You weren't there so you won't know how frightening it was, man!" Corey rebuffed.

"I don't need to be there to feel it when I know how terrifying it would be already, calm your balls down." Zoe added.

"Oh, will you both shut it, already! Ignore them. I'm just glad you're alright now. We're really worried about you, Al." Layla hugged her friend.

"I truly appreciate it you guys, you too, Anna. I'm grateful that you were there to pull me away in the first place. Thanks"

"After all you did for me? That was the least I could do for you. I should thank you instead for helping me got out of my shell." Anna said sheepishly.

"Shell? Are you a hermit crab or a snail? Or a giant clam? Or a cockle? Or a-" Corey teased.

"She can be a damn turtle for crying out loud." Alison responded.

"Well, at least now we know newbie is 100% back to her old self now." Corey smirked.

"Alright, come on. Time to send the princess back home now. So, bye!" Jason simply said pulling Alison's arm walking away from the crowd without giving them a chance to say goodbye so Alison waved to them sending them smiles from her distance.