22

Peter

-So how'd it go with your parents? Wade asked.

I looked up from the sign I was painting. Homecoming was coming up and I had volunteered to help since they needed one more person and everyone else refused. Wade stayed with me because he had nothing else to do. Or at least that's what he told me. We were in the school's gym. Nobody else was here since they thought they could get started later on.

-It went....pretty well actually. A little awkward but okay. We played some MarioKart. And.....I met the person who taught me sign.

-Really!?

I nodded.

-That's amazing. He must've been a cool guy.

-Yeah, he's Hawkeye.

-You gotta be kidding me. Hawkeye taught you sign? What's next? What's next? Scarlet witch making you pancakes? Or the author bringing in Valkyrie because she's basically in love with her?

-What was that last one?

-Nothing. Anyways, how'd they react when you told them about that?

-They....really just seemed happy I still wanted them in my life. Even if I didn't live with them.

-Sounds like nice people.

-Yeah they are.....but I don't know....I kinda felt watched when I hung out with them.

-What do you mean?

-We played MarioKart but those that didn't....they stared at me. Even those who were playing sometimes glanced at me. It feels a little awkward.

-Well you are their long lost kid. They're probably just happy to have you back with them.

-I guess. Hey could you hand me that blue paint over there? I asked and pointed at a bottle close to Wade.

Wade looked behind him and grabbed the bottle and then held it up with the look "this one?". I nodded and were about to grab it when Wade quickly moved the bottle further away. I rolled my eyes and tried to take it again. But Wade of course continued to play his little game. After a while he even stood up.

-Wade just give it to me already, I said annoyed and stood up as well.

-Only if you catch me, he said and started running.

-Oh c'mon! I yelled and chased after him.

Even though I probably do a lot more running than Wade he's still faster than me. Which really gave him an advantage in this situation.

-Wade, I swear if you don't give me that bottle I'll....

-Ahahah babyboy. No threatening! Wade yelled teasingly as he ran backwards with a sly smirk on his face.

I was about to say something when my spidey sense went off. Before I could do anything I had run right into Wade. He had accidentally ran into the wall.

-Oh where did that come from? Wade asked and glanced up at the wall.

I took that as my chance to try and grab the paint bottle. I really needed to get this sign done and Wade wasn't helping. Just as I was about to grab it Wade moved his arm and now had the bottle above his head. The problem with this was that Wade was 6'2 and I was 5'8. So I couldn't really reach that bottle.

-Nice try shortie, he smirked.

I rolled my eyes and tried to jump to reach it. Wade just laughed since I still couldn't reach it. That obviously wasn't working. So I had to come up with a plan. I looked over towards the empty exit and faked a scared face.

-Oh no. Flash, I mumbled.

-Where? Wade asked almost threatening and looked in the exit's direction.

I quickly put my hands around his neck and jumped up and put my feet around his waist. Then I managed to grab the bottle. I looked down and made direct eye contact with Wade. On my back I felt one of his hands supporting me. My whole face went red as I realized the position we were in.

-Uh....hi there, Wade said awkwardly and gave me a small smile.

I was completely frozen for a moment. What was I thinking? Going this far for a paint bottle? This is so embarrassing. I quickly got off Wade and felt how I blushed even harder than before.

-S-sorry, I said.

-Nah it's fine Peter. I had it coming anyway, Wade said.

I sighed relieved. Wade always knows what to say. Some things are so easy with him.

-So how about I help you finish that sign, huh? Wade asked and I nodded.

We walked back in silence towards the sign on the floor. As we sat down Wade grabbed a paintbrush and helped me paint the sign. Soon enough Wade got me talking about Star Wars and our last DnD session. The awkwardness from a few minutes ago was gone.

Wade

I knew that moment was embarrassing for Peter. It was clear he didn't like it. So I tried to change the subject. Which worked. I've known Peter for some time now, I know what to bring up to cheer him up. I've been extra prepared now that he met his parents. Things like that are tough and I really just wanna be there for him. Even if it's just as a friend. Peter's made me a better person. He's the reason I don't go around killing people anymore. He makes me wanna be a better person. Hell, he even made me go back to school. We continued painting and soon we were done. I glanced back at the sign as we were cleaning up. For all that I know Peter didn't have a date to homecoming. And he was bisexual. Would he maybe wanna go with me? Only one way to find out.

-Hey babyboy!

-Yeah? Peter answered.

-Are you planning on going to homecoming?

Peter seemed to think about it.

-Maybe....I don't know. Dances aren't really my thing. But May will probably make me since "you only go to high school once"

-Yeah....that's what all the adults say, I agreed.

-What about you? Are you going?

-Who? Me? Not really sure. I uh....haven't decided yet. Hey Peter can I ask you something?

-Sure. What is it?

I was about to ask him when Peter's phone buzzed his eyes widened as he saw the screen.

-Sorry it's Steve. Me and May are having dinner with them tonight.

-Oh, I said starting to regret to maybe ask him.

-Him and Tony are picking me up. What was it you wanted to ask me?

-Uhm....nothing. I forgot. Something about Star wars I think. I'll walk you out, I said.

Peter already has way too much on his hands. Adding more is only gonna hurt him. I don't want to do that to him. He needs to figure some stuff out before he can probably think about relationships and stuff. That is....if he even likes me back.

_________________________________________

Should I do the six fanart challange?

Like....I've seen some of it on TikTok and Instagram and it seems really cool and fun