26

Bruce

To be honest. I didn't quite understand why Peter didn't talk to the others. But it's not like I needed to anyway. He didn't want to talk to them and that's it. Which means it probably wasn't a good idea to tell the others that Peter spoke freely around me. I knew that there would probably be more than just Wanda and Nat in the kitchen. Which is why I put my arm around Peter, so he'd feel more comfortable and safe. It was something both Tony and Thor did with me while I was at my shyest for the others. We entered the kitchen and it seemed like I was right. Wanda and Nat were baking like Tony said. But Steve, Clint and Vision were here as well.

-Hi guys. Got any brownies for the two mad scientists? Tony asked.

-Tony you already ate two. But Bruce can have some, Nat said without turning around.

Just then Steve looked up and seemed surprised as he saw us. Probably because Peter was here.

-Hi Peter didn't know you were coming over. Nice coat by the way, Steve said.

Before Peter could sign "thanks" everyone in the room had turned around and seemed to stare Peter down. I could feel how Peter grabbed my lab coat. Okay Bruce, think! Make them look away.

-Uh I heard something about brownies, I quickly said.

Both Nat and Wand a turned around and brought up some plates with brownies. Of course the smell of food took all the eyes off Peter. Peter looked up and gave me a small smile before we walked up to the counter where I carefully let go of him.

Peter

Bruce let go of me and I felt how I became less safe. He definitely didn't care that much about the brownies. Which means he kinda saved me. If only people knew what kind of person Bruce Banner really is. Cause he's not just the hulk. The Hulk doesn't even begin to compare to him.

-Alright why don't you two "mad scientists" eat something? Tony's words not mine! Wanda said and put her hands up in defense.

I smiled and after everyone started taking some of the brownies I did as well. Wanda and Natasha seemed to give Tony their death glares as he ate some of the brownies him as well. The brownies on the other hand were really good. The others seemed to notice that I was enjoying Wanda and Natasha's baking by the way they were smiling at me and glancing at each other.

-You know....as a kid you always loved my pancakes, Wanda said.

Two minutes. It took them two minutes to bring up kid me. Sure to some extent it would be wonderful to hear what kind of things I did as a kid. And I would've loved to know if they knew how I got my powers or who my real parents were. But either they don't know or they just wanna talk about how cute I was as a kid. They haven't even told me why they started teaching me sign. Plus they don't even seem interested in my life today. They ask about school but that's more of a manners thing than interest. To not be rude I sent Wanda thumb up.

-Yeah you couldn't pronounce "Wanda" so you always called her Wambla, Tony said.

I faked a short smile before I finished my second brownie. Honestly it's a miracle how they didn't talk about child me for two whole minutes.

-Hey....uh...have I told you guys that it was Peter's idea to use my Bruce Banner blood to maybe control the hulk? Bruce said bluntly.

-Really. It was a fascinating theory. According to my calculations it might even work, Vision said.

I blushed a little and signed a thank you. Then I glanced over at Bruce who smiled at me. At least there's someone who doesn't see me as a five-year-old.

-Well of course Peter's a genius. I was one of the people involved with raising him, Tony said cockily.

Everyone just grones and mumbled a few "shut up"s.

-Oh I remember the times were Tony would get a suit idea and lock himself in the lab. Only thing that got him out was you Peter. We even had a few picnics in there, Steve said.

I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes. Instead I let out a small sigh and glanced over at Bruce again. He sent me a small smile full of pity. At least he tried to change the subject.

-Oh shoot....uh Peter we left the....uh...the chemicals....out in the open....they're probably corrupted by now....we should probably go back and work on that, Bruce said.

Thank god. I nodded and sent the others a small wave before both me and Bruce left for his lab. When we walked inside I sighed relieved and sat down with our work. Bruce chuckled a bit and sat down next to me.

-Not a fan of baby stories? He asked.

-Well....not when that's gonna be the only thing they wanna talk about. Like...I get it I was a kid and I lived here. Done. But they just gotta talk about how I loved pancakes and a certain red crayon. Wow how fascinating! I said sarcastically.

Bruce just chuckled and we started getting to work.

-Well give them some time. It's hard to see a kid you saw as your own grow up.

-You don't seem to take it so hard.

-Oooh you have no idea. I'm this close to tell you it's nap time, Bruce said and held up his thumb and ring finger to show how close it was.

-Really? I laughed.

-Definitely. But the first time you and I met now when you're older I was treating a knife wound on you. The others just watched and heard you were afraid of needles which is a common thing for kids to be afraid of.

-True, I said.

-Hey you wanna pass me that stabilizer. Never got to use it, Bruce said and pointed at the stabilizer.

_________________________________________

Pretty much 88% of my study will was to see my classmates at school, hang out and do stupid shit together.

Now I got 12% of study will

If any of my classmates read this and holds it against me, I'm deleting this A/N