Chapter 2

~Beau's P.O.V~

We were all feeling a bit on edge as we awaited King Roman's arrival.

Damian, of course, was in the worst mood of all and even after going out on a hunt with Lucien, he still had returned with the same displeased scowl before disappearing to his room.

The rest of us, of course, were curious and a bit anxious to what King Roman would want.

Him coming to us, and staying with us, even for a night, was something that had never happened before. In fact, he had only ever been at our home once, in all the years we had lived here.

Him and Damian were never the pair to get along and the two of them were always two bombs ready to explode. It was always just a question of who would get set off first.

Curiosity was driving me mad with questions to what Roman could possibly want Damian to do, let alone trust his one son who was always rebelling against him to do.

It just didn't make sense.

Hours upon hours passed and I could hardly keep my anticipation in check for his arrival, dying to know answers to even just a quarter of the questions I had, and it felt like an eternity until Lucien finally said the words I had long been waiting to hear.

"He's close..." Lucien states.

Within minutes, the sounds of two car doors being shut were heard, followed by three sharp knocks to our front door.

We wait for Damian to go and let him in, before the sound of footsteps began to make their way towards us, making us all put up a cautious guard.

Damian is the first to enter the room, looking paler then ever, which I didn't think was even possible. Followed by an intimidating Roman, his power radiating off him in waves before the most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes appears just behind him.

"Thank you for letting us into your home at such short notice." Roman begins to speak, but my attention is stuck on the goddess who now stands next to him.

"I would like to introduce you all to your new temporary roommate, Alayna." he continues, before turning towards her.

"Alayna, this is my son, Damian, and his friends. Crimson, Lucien, Beau, Levi and Salem." he tells her, and I watch as her beautiful emerald green eyes scan the lot of us.

"Nice to meet you." she says, her voice coming out as sweet as honey.

"Could someone please show Alayna to her room? I have some things to discuss with you all privately." Roman states, and before I can even pipe up, Lucien beats me to it.

"I would love too." he replies, stepping forwards.

A pang of jealously waves through me but I do my best to ignore it as I watch the two of them leave the room.

"Can we take this conversation to a more private location? As well, I will need a spell done to ensure our conversation won't be overheard." he tells us, and Crimson nods her head, knowing very well the task would be hers to complete.

"We can go to my office." I offer, and Roman nods his head in agreement.

I lead the way with him hot on my heels as the rest of my friends followed behind.

Within a matter of minutes, Lucien joins us and Crimson completes a spell to ensure no sound would be heard outside of the room.

"You 6 took a blood oath to bond your friendship for eternity... these bonds are rarely broken and severely punished when they are. It's for this reason only, that I am trusting you with this information and task." Roman begins to tell us, my curiosity continuing to brew.

"For many years, it's been believed that the fae had all been killed off after the dragons burned their realm to the ground. Up until recently, this fact has never been questioned. That is because, I ensured it." he continues, making us all furrow our brows in confusion.

"Your mother, Damian. My soulmate, Drusilla, rest her beautiful soul, was best friends with the queen of the fae realm, Flora. Despite their odd friendship, my sweet love had never trusted anyone more and vice versa." he begins to explain.

"It took the king and queen of the fae realm many years to finally conceive a child, and when they did, a war between fae and dragons was brewing. The dragon queen, Lilith, after hearing of the birth of the fae princess, decided to offer the fae one last chance of peace. The marriage between her son and their daughter, once she reached the age of 15." he continues.

"The king of the fae, Aldric, eagerly agreed, and Flora was heartbroken. She spent several years trying to change his mind. It took many disturbing stories about the prince of dragons to finally convince him. Unfortunately, it was just months before his daughter's 15th birthday. They knew with such little time, they only had two choices. Continue with the marriage... or start a war. They chose war." he tells us.

"Drusilla begged me to help them, to send an army of vampires to stand by them, but I couldn't. Vampires stand no chance against a dragon. Their single breath of fire would turn multiple of us into ash within an instant." he explains, a disappointed frown pulling at his lips.

"Three days before the attack, Flora showed up at our realm... her and Drusilla talked in private for hours. Later that night, she left to the fae realm alongside Flora. She returned three days later through a portal, from the help of a witch, and with her was the fae princess, Flora's daughter, Alayna." he continues.

"Drusilla, explained to me, that in the three days she was gone, Alayna who was an earth fae, was given each of the elements that she was missing. Fire, Air, Water, Ice and the most powerful, soul. A chaos witch, used her abilities, to ensure Alayna would have the ability to not only control every element, but also to one day reproduce it. The new given power was so strong, that Flora asked the witch, to add another spell. To keep her magic suppressed and hidden deep within her so that no one would ever know the power she possessed. All the realms had to believe that all the fae had been killed off, including her. So, a spell was completed, making her seem no different then a mortal and Drusilla compelled her to forget everything she ever knew, including herself and she started over in the care of our most trusted friends, Seth and Alexander." he tells us.

"So, Alayna, is the last fae..." Lucien mumbles, processing everything as we all were.

"Yes, but as we came to find out, Alayna was far from just a fae... she was also half demon."