Chapter 12

~Damien's P.O.V~

I stood on the back deck of our rental, smoking my cigarette and enjoying my glass of whiskey when the sudden sound of utter chaos caught my attention.

Taking a long drag off my cigarette, I put it out before slamming back my glass and rushing towards the front of the house. Within a second, I'm standing on the front porch watching as hysterical people began to leave the bar across the street.

RUN!

WHAT KIND OF CREATURE DOES THIS?!

IT COULD BE ANY ONE OF US!

HOW MANY WERE KILLED?!

Were just some of the things I could hear between the utter chaos.

A deep frown pulls at my lips, and I quickly make my way inside where I find Beau sitting on the living room couch.

"Which room is our little fae supposed to be sleeping in?" I ask him.

"Upstairs, second door on the right. What's..." he begins to reply, but I leave the room and am instantly inside of hers.

It takes me only a matter of seconds to find her bathroom window opened and the screen sitting on the floor, clearly confirming my suspicions.

"For fuck's sake." I hiss out displeased.

So much for my relaxing evening.

I quickly return to the living room, the look on my face no doubt already confirming Beau's worries.

"Something's happened at the bar across the street. She snuck out." I simply state, my tone ringing with irritation.

"Fuck." Beau mutters, running a hand through his hair in frustration.

"Head over, I'll get the rest and meet you there. How bad is it sounding?" he replies.

"Like you might want the jet to be ready to take off the second we find her." I reply, before making my way across the street.

I push my way through the crowds of people surrounding the outside of the bar, before shoving my way inside much to the bouncer's dismay.

"What happened here?" I ask the bartender, who clearly looks on edge.

"I'm not..." he begins to stutter, making me roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Tell me." I compel him.

"Something... no... someone... killed multiple people tonight." he nervously replies.

"Where are the bodies?" I ask, a sinking feeling already pulling in my stomach.

"Two were found in the lounge... a man and woman... one in the storage room, a man... and one in the bathroom, a woman." he tells me, and I nod my head before making my way from one place to the next.

Just as he says, I find each body and examine them but much to my dismay... there's no sign of Alayna.

"Damien?" I hear Beau's familiar voice calling from the main area.

"She's gone." I state, appearing in front of him within a split second.

"What... what happened?" Crimson's voice trembles, noticing the two bodies in the lounge area.

"Definitely something demonic." I mutter, making Levi shoot daggers at me.

"Tell me what you know." Beau states.

"4 dead in total. A werewolf couple, a human male and a mermaid. The mermaid was completely nude in the bathroom, the human half and the couple mostly covered but was definitely involved in some sexual activity before their death. Not a single visible mark on any of them." I tell them.