Chapter 9

~Salem's P.O.V~

"Ugh... I don't think I can do this." I groan, stressfully running a hand through my hair.

"Sale, all you have to do is bring her a drink and smile while you offer it. What's the problem?" Beau questions, and I let out a long sigh.

"I'm an angel, Beau. You're asking me to go against my nature by deceiving her like this. I already feel guilty, and I haven't even done it yet." I explain.

"Let me do it. You're asking an angel to do a demons job." Levi pipes in.

"We can't guarantee she will trust you enough to drink it." Beau retorts, making Levi roll his eyes.

"Sure, she will. Just instead of putting it in some flavorful drink, we put it in a glass of whiskey. She can't taste it, won't turn it down, and will definitely expect it from me." Levi explains.

"Fine, but you only get one shot at this. Don't screw it up. I don't want this process getting delayed for even a minute longer. Understood?" Beau states, and I watch as Levi smirks in return.

"I'll have her down in the basement within an hour." he replies confidently.

Beau hands him the small vile that Crimson has prepared before leaving the room.

"Thank you, Lee." I tell him, feeling incredibly relieved that I didn't have to do it anymore.

"Anytime, Love." he grins, pulling me towards him and giving me a quick peck on the lips.

"This task should have been mine from the start anyway. I'll meet you down there, okay?" he tells me, and I roll my eyes but smile at him.

"Be careful with her alright?" I tell him, and he rolls his eyes.

"You like her too much for a girl you have only known in a very short amount of time." he states, before pulling me into one more lingering kiss.

I watch as he leaves the room before deciding to make my way to the basement where I find the rest of my friends, with the exception of Levi and Damien.

I make my way over to Lucien, who seems to be very on edge about the whole thing.

"What's got you so flustered, my friend?" I ask him softly.

"She's my mate, Salem. No one else knows, not even her... but gods I'm not ready for this." he tells me quietly.

"Oh wow. Congratulations on finding your mate, Luce." I begin to tell him with a wide smile.

"Try not to stress. Crimson knows what she's doing and in the end, this is the best for Alayna. She's been missing a chunk of herself for quite some time now, she deserves to know and to be complete." I reason with him, and he nods his head.

"I know... I just hope this won't be too difficult to watch." he replies, and I reach out and squeeze his head sympathetically.

"I do too, but if it is and you need to step out, don't be afraid to do so and I promise I will keep a close eye on her for you." I tell him, and he smiles in appreciation.

"Thanks, Sale." he states.

Moments later, the loud thumping of feet coming down the steps has us all turning towards the bottom step where Levi steps down onto with a half conscious Alayna in his arms.

"That was... faster then I expected. Good job, Levi." Beau comments, making Levi smirk at him.

"I told you." he simply retorts.

"Place her into the chair." Crimson tells him.

I watch as Levi sets her down and Crimson and Beau quickly begin to buckle her wrists and ankles to the chair.