Merry-Go-Round

Don't close your eyesDon't fall asleepPlease say your prayersLeave the devil to me

Don't fall asleep
Please say your prayers
Leave the devil to me

SWAN RESIDENCE
Jaime Height rushes down the stairs, wearing a bright smile. It's a Friday night and all she wants to do is watch some television and sleep all day. Bella had gone off to Angela's house, meanwhile Charlie is upstairs, still sleeping. Fixing herself a bowl of Fruit Pebble cereal, she plops down in front of the television and flicks it on.

Eating from her colorful bowl of cereal, she watches the first thing that came on the screen -The Adams Family Values. "You have enslaved him. You have placed Fester under some strange sexual spell. I respect that. But please, may we see him," Morticia asks to see her brother in law in the T.V.

Suddenly, there's a loud clanking noise from upstairs. Jaime jumps, startled. The cereal's milk slightly splashed on her lap. "Hello," she calls out, wiping her leg with a napkin. No one answers. "Hello? Uncle," she calls out again, but no one answers.

Slightly shaken up, she calms herself down and turns to watch the T.V. That's when the notices it's staticky mess. The Adams Family plays no more, instead, it's just a bunch of black and white static. "What the," she mumbles, repeatedly pressing the off button. Out of nowhere, a black circle appears on the screen. It grows larger and larger by the second. Confused, she leans in, staring into the circle.

The house is dead silent. Suddenly, she hears someone clap their hands behind her. Jay immediately freezes in her spot. A cold chill runs down her spine as they clap their hands again. Petrified, she slowly spins around, only to find one of her common hallucinations.

She has yet to find a name for her, but she resembles the girl from The Ring. Once she comes, she won't leave Jay alone for at least week. Along with the little girl, this figurine has the ability to physically harm others. Immediately, Jay's heart sinks. Her lips part as she releases the loudest scream she can form.

This makes her uncle, Charlie rush down the stairs. He doesn't see the demonic being behind his niece. "Jay! Jay! Jaime," he tries to call for her, but her screams are too loud for him to get a word through. Jaime pants as she zooms past him and up the staircase. Her petite figure slips into her room and locks herself inside, shoving herself into her closet.

Her heart pounds against her chest as she begins to hyperventilate. She rocks herself back and fourth as her bedroom door knob rattles. "Jay! Please, open the door," Charlie voice muffles against the wooden door. "No! They're coming for me, uncle. Please, save yourself," she exclaims, crying. "Jay, please," he pleads with her. Laying in a fetal position, she closes her eyes. Eventually, Charlie manages to open the door. He opens the closet door to find a passed out Jaime Height..

BATHROOM
Bella and Jay brush their teeth in front of the sink, laughing to each other in the mirror. Jay wears her old and tattered Amanda B's Dance Team shirt. "I bet dad's already in bed," Bella leans in and spits into the sink. "It's really weird having Jake over," Jay mumbles, her mouth full of toothpaste.