3: "Are You Sure You Want to Know?"

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

 "𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚂𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚆𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙺𝚗𝚘𝚠?"

I DON'T KNOW why everyone convinced me to come to this stupid party. We just partied yesterday at our house, but apparently that's not enough. I guess getting drunk every weekend like they did last year is going to be the theme this year, too.

This party is pretty packed, but it isn't as claustrophobic as it was at our house because this house is bigger. There's a bunch of smoke surrounding the place from the weed, which immediately grabs my attention. Weed is the only thing that doesn't make me want to resort to bad habits. It's one of the only things that calms me down.

"I need to take a couple hits." I say to the group. Cameron wants to come too, so we venture off from Rodney and Dion to see where the smoke originated from. We find a bunch of stoners in the living room sitting in a circle, their eyes completely bloodshot.

"Do you mind?" I tap a guy with dreadlocks on the shoulder and stick my hand out for the blunt. He's too stoned to care so he just shrugs his shoulders and hands it over.

Once I inhale the smoke I begin to feel relaxed immediately. I need to get this anxiety out of my body from parties. I need to learn that I can have fun without getting shitfaced from liquor.

"Jesus." I begin to cough after my fourth hit and pass the blunt to Cameron. "This shit is strong."

"I've got the best." The dreadlocks guy says, giving me a lopsided grin. "Ask anyone."

The music is too loud in here, the bass thumping off of the walls from a random rap song. I can already feel the weed start to kick in, so I take a seat onto the couch to let it settle. I can always tell when I'm high because my body feels like it's not mine anymore. I don't have the thoughts I normally do. Instead I'm just... empty. I like that.

"I'm high as fuck already." Cameron chuckles, collapsing onto the cushion beside me. "I can already feel this shit! Can you?" His eyes are alive with humor, the white spaces beginning to turn a slight pink.

"Well look who we have here." Cameron says again, pointing past the circle of people. He directs my attention to the kitchen where Elena is. I feel my mouth begin to water just at the sight of her. She's in this black, lace bodysuit that cuts right down the center to outline her tits, and the bodysuit is tucked into a pair of high-waisted blue jeans. I want to take my eyes off of her, I want to act like she's just another random girl, but she's not. She's a challenge that I have yet to win.

She's conversing with some people I've never seen before, tilting her head back and laughing at something a girl says while she clutches a red solo cup in her hand.

"Elena!" Cameron yells from across the room. It's loud enough to get her attention, but when she looks over at Cameron her face pales. She looks upset, or... frightened? I can't be certain, but it's definitely not a good expression.

"Oh, so she wants to play this game?" He chuckles and stands up from the couch when she doesn't acknowledge him. "Come on. Let's go."

I assume he means that we're going to find Dion and Rodney, but instead he waltzes right over to where she is and pushes his way in beside her. I'm standing here awkwardly with my hands in the pocket of my jeans as I watch the group she's with give each other annoyed looks before they scatter off somewhere else.

"You're just going to act like you didn't see me?" He chuckles lowly into her ear, but loud enough for me to hear it and hooks his arm around her shoulder. Her body immediately tenses.