9: "Don't."

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

"𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝."

Dion's birthday party is this weekend, and even though classes have just started I'm trying to get ahead and do some of the assignments I saw listed on this syllabus. After three hours of studying I was finally able to find a stopping point. I'm so tired that I honestly feel like I could pass out at any given second.

As much as I've tried, I can't stop thinking about the situation with Elena. I mean, I understand why she doesn't want to start something with me, but what about being friends? We can't just talk to each other?

Walking up the steps to the house, I unlock the door and head inside. Just hearing my thoughts makes me feel completely stupid. I know being friends is such a bad idea. I'm just wanting to be friends so that I can eventually get into her pants, and that's wrong. She has an addiction. I need to respect that.

Why does she have to be so much like me? Why does she have to be so witty and so sarcastic? Why does she have to be so damn attractive? I don't know why I can't get this girl out of my damn head. Not even Drea could distract me, and that's never happened before. I've always been able to fuck my problems out, but for whatever reason it just seems to get worse the more I try to forget about her.

All of the boys are in the kitchen screaming at the top of their lungs with laughter. This is the last thing I wanted to come home to, and I let out a sigh as I head to the fridge to grab a water bottle.

Dion and Rodney are pouring shots for everyone. There's a couple of people I haven't seen before, but when I see Amelia here too a pit forms in my stomach. That must mean that she is here too.

I don't see her yet, so I decide on heading up to my room as quickly as possible.

"Where have you been?" Rodney asks, looking at the glass of liquor before he pushes it forward to me. "You look like you could use a drink."

I look at the glass, and then I look at Dion. I shouldn't be drinking. Dion claims to think I can handle liquor now, but look at what happened the other night? Then again, I didn't resort to doing the thing I used to do. If it weren't for Elena finding me that night at the bar I probably would have though.

Dion nods to let me know it's okay, but i know it's not. I know I'm going to regret doing what I'm about to do, but between the stress of my assignments and Elena I could really use something to take the edge off.

Wincing once the liquor travels down my throat, I slam the glass down onto the counter and shake my head from the rush. "Uh, I was at the gym." I lie, finally answering Rodney's question. "Damn, that's good. What is it?"

"Crown." Rodney replies. "Here, have another."

He pours another shot, and then that shot turns into four more. The heat is coursing through my body when I see Elena finally enter into the kitchen. She's wearing sweatpants and a hoody, yet I've never been more turned on. How the hell does she do this to me? She's just a fucking girl.

A girl that wants nothing to do with me.

She eyes the liquor in front of me and arches her eyebrow up. I don't need her to question me though. It was just a conversation the other night, right? So it shouldn't matter to her what the hell I choose to do with my sobriety.

"Is Drea coming over again?" Dion smirks.

"That bitch was screaming last night!" Rodney erupts into laughter along with a few others in the room. "What the fuck did you do to her?"