Chapter 1: "Being Single isnt Allowed "

Arnav Singh Raizada had never been this frustrated with his family , while he had always told them several time about his zero interest to tie himself in marrying someone they handpicked,it didn't stop them from being his prospective bride home and arranging for a meet with him .

" Hi ,I am Vidhya. My grandmother and your grandmother were friends . And .." she spoke up but Arnav was already too frustrated to let her continue speaking up as if he was interviewing them for his future bride .

" I am sure they were good friends ,but that will not ensure we get married as I am not interesting in it . So don't waste your time trying to get to know me " he answered back as he walked away from the living room

As he walked inside his room ,he felt the pressure from his family drain away as even his family knew not to disturb him in his sanctuary except his sister who made her way into his room few minutes later .

" You were rude chote" she spoke up ,her sweet voice was kind but it was also a reminder that he crossed a line tonight . Out side of his home Arnav ,known as ASR is known for his short temper but inside his house ,he is expected to fall in line .

" This must be the 100th person you made me meet in the disguise of pooja . How many times I have to say I am not interested Di " he asked his sister wondering when they will give up but he knew it was most unlikely for them to let it go .

" And you haven't spoken more than one minute to any of this girl ,you can't simply reject them Chote. And you can't simply let our parents marriage make your cynical " his sister had been the only one courageous enough to mention the said topic without risking his wrath .

True ,Arnav had seen the catrosphe mistake of his parents marriage which resulted in their deaths and has no interest to get himself tied by the same mistake . He had his family , his sister ,his business and it was more than enough for him .

" I am not cynical but practical Di , Marriage isn't for me " he answered back , it was the truth .

Arnav would move mountains to make his sister happy but this was one thing he can't do no matter what, by the slight shake of head ,he knew his sister was disappointed in his answer but she wouldn't pressure him too much ,she was always intuitive on when to back off .

Unlike his grandmother who walked in next looking quite stern and Arnav realized under his matchmaking family even his room wasn't out of limit .

" This can't go on Chote , My friend is upset with me because you insulted her grand daughter and that why I decided to leave it as you wish . I wont pressurise you to marry anymore ,I won't make you meet any one under the disguise of Pooja and I will never mention marriage as long as I live " his grandmother spoke up leaving him surprised , she was like him and she wouldn't give up this easily when it had been her dream to get him married .

That was why Arnav knew she had something up her sleeve and sure enough her statement of promise had a stipulation in the end .

" If you go on a single date with the girl of my choosing ,not for a minute but for a entire dinner . After that I will leave you alone . An hour of your time ,do we have a deal " his grandmother asked him and Arnav realized he had nothing to lose with the deal and so agreed not realising how it would change his life.

P.S :" That it for now ..Let me know your thoughts and feedbacks. Hit the votes if you liked it.. The updates will be slower as i have few ongoing books "

Love

Juanita Reid