Chapter 5:" Spy in their midst "

Arnav had no inclination to be open minded about the date but he had promised his sister that he will be polite with the girl which was enough of a trial for him and it didn't help that his cousin was going along with him for the same torture.

" So Akash , have you found about her yet ?" he asked his cousin to keep his mind away from the torture called date and as well because he couldn't forget her .

" The spy . No bhai , she crashed the fashion show as we expected and the last we saw her in the CCTV had been where she exited through the fire exit . I am looking into it though " his cousin answered back .

It been few days since the fashion show but he can't forget her , he knew something was going on when she froze on the ramp in the beginning and had to be urged to walk but his doubts were confirmed at the stricken expression in her face throughout the walk .

By the time the show ended and he tried to get hold of her ,she disappeared . And till now he has no idea about her identity.

" So did Anjali di tell you about my date , mom is quite taken with her " Akash asked him instead , here he had been trying to divert the topic from the said date.

"I don't know Akash ,I didn't ask because once the dinner is over . I am free from their match making abilities but I am worried about your date though ,if mamiji liked her then " he didn't finish the train of thought as Akash laughed along with him.

They reached early then the scheduled 7 Pm , Arnav who had been tired by the meeting went straight to the live bar while his cousin waited outside to greet them in person.

He limited his intake to a single glass as he didn't want to be too rude as well , he couldn't understand why his sister or nani fails to accept his decision to stay single . He had grown up assuming his parents were happily in love until their death where he learned about his father affair which was the reason he didn't believe in Marriage anymore.

A streak of red caught his attention first as he saw her walk alongside his cousin ,the spy back to haunt him . For a moment he assumed she was an illusion until she walked straight up to him to introduce herself.

" It looks like you are my date "She spoke up leaving him shocked by her candid smile as if she hadn't got caught trying to spy on him .

It took him few seconds to finally understand her reason for spying, it wasn't a business competitor who sent her but it was personal .

    She was spying for herself and suddenly he found the date wasn't such a bad idea if he got to spend some time with her .

     And decided to see how far she will go to impress him because a girl who risked spying on him was definitely interested in becoming his wife which  meant he had to be on guard until the date ends  because he doesn't trust her .

                 ********************

       Payal was nervous as they reached the destination , and from the looks of it her talkative sister was silent as well until she collided against someone in her nervousness, her face broke into a smile to see the familiar face . She already knew he was one of the Raizada but she have no idea if he was Arnav or Akash .

     Fortunately her sister happened to see his face the last time that one glance at her assured Payal that the man before her was Arnav Singh Raizada. Before she could greet him ,she was taken back by his greetings . 

       " We meet again Coffee girl " he spoke up and she who never had any nick name so far liked him calling her by one .

          "So who my date " he asked them at their silence and Payal raised her hand and then promptly plopped it back down with a smile , she kind of felt thrilled to meet him again.