Chapter 17 :" Say Yes"

One Month Later 

Liars everyone who said time heals broken heart were liars because it has been 30 days five hours and 6 minutes since she broke up with Arnav Singh Raizada and her heart still felt broken beyond repair. She wasn't herself anymore, her mood were like a pendulum clock swinging back and fro everyday. Some time she felt what she did was right and other times she wondered if she should have just said yes to his proposal and tied him with her by the bond of marriage even if he hated it still.

But she knew that it had been the right decision, even if her family didn't agree with her.  Usually when a break up happens, family members were supposed to hate the man who broken their daughter heart instead her family members were firmly on Arnav's side.

" Oh Khushi.. What will I do with you ?" had been her Buaji statement when Khushi broke the news to her family as if it had been her fault.  

" Do you know what your father said when he asked me to marry him, I want a mother for my daughter and that he would be a father to you, if I waited like you for perfect proposal than you wouldn't have had you father, men don't always express them selves well enough " her mother told her late one night when she found Khushi in the kitchen stress cooking as always . 

" Khushi beta, People marry for hundred different reasons , I know you love him and I know he does love you, I think that is one of the best reasons to get married " her father had told her few days ago.

Her family knew he asked to marry her and she said No, they fail to understand Khushi reluctance to tie him up in Marriage when he didn't want to marry, like her father said people marry for hundred different reasons, but in this world not everyone prefers to Marry either. Back then, Marriage was more of a necessity, in this new world it was more of a adjustment. A bond they break with a single signature if it didn't work out later.

Was Khushi Naive to hope for a bond that last forever, maybe and she refuse to start such a Marriage bond by forcing the groom to the alter. If Khushi had said yes to the Marriage, by now she would have been Mrs Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada in name only because Arnav didn't want the Marriage and he would be doing it just for her sake.

Did Arnav love her, yes. Did she love him, yes and yet only she wanted to Marry not him. To him it was like a signing a contract in paper just like his business deal because she wanted it . And she would never recover if Arnav resented marrying her later down the line and it was why she refused to marry him even if it ended up breaking her heart into pieces.

She had known it all along that they were people with two different views about life,  and yet they collided into each other life's often that they can't help but fall in love. Their love always had a end date, she knew that when they began dating because it all well and good to say opposites attract but attraction doesn't necessarily mean they are good for each other in the long term because somewhere down the lines, their opposites will make it impossible to adjust or compromise just like what happened to Khushi and Arnav.

She was still lost in thoughts that she didn't hear the tingling sound of the door bell in her Cafe. She had tired to occupy herself with work often that she stayed in Cafe longer than normal but a glance at the clock told it was 5 PM, her busy hours will start from now and probably would be enough to keep her from thinking about him , she hoped until she glanced at her new customers to come face to face with him.

The brief flicker of hope that he came to see her came crashing down when beside him stood a girl who had been clinging into Arnav arms as if she belonged with him, the flare of jealousy and hurt flicker across her face, she never knew him to be too cruel that he would try to inflict her with the truth when he moved on. Maybe she misjudged him given he was here in this Cafe with his new girl friend.