Chapter 9:" Mother's Love "

Manorama Raizada wasnt going to let anyone hurt her son , and she will not rest until she give them a piece of her mind . It was the reason she went to meet the girl ,irrespective of her family warnings and was taken back to see her Arnav beta ,talking with her.

She could see the closeness between the two of them even from the distance and her traitorous heart was upset to see the laughing with each other ,that she didn't give it a thought as she marched up to her nephew and slapped him hard .

" Hell ,hi bye bye . How could you betray Akash like this ,you know he likes the girl and how could you.." She couldn't finish the sentence because now only her brain finally connected with her heart and she realized  maybe she must have overreacted.

"Sorry Arnav beta , you came here to talk sense in to this girl just like me right . Of course you did , I am sorry I misunderstood" Manorama apologized profusely and yet those two  haven't uttered a word that she turned back to the girl who rejected her son. 

She looked upset as well , and it gave Manorama hope that maybe she liked her Akash beta too.

" I am Akash's mother and Arnav's Mamiji ,  Manorama Raizada . Can we talk for few minutes " she addressed the girl whose eyes drifted back to Arnav asking for permission ,again the suspicion that she was more close to Arnav threatened to break her resolve but she knew her nephew and it was the reason she managed to squash those doubts.

" Not now ,Mamiji . Khushi has a shop to run and I have already taken much of her time . How about you both meet later today ,how about the cafe near out house. " Arnav beta had been quick to come up with an another plan ,while she didnt understand why she can't talk with her now,when she came this far.

She agreed with him because Manorama indeed needed to talk with the girl and it can't be rushed so she decided to wait for few more hours  

Manorama came by taxi and so her nephew decided to drop her off at home, on the ride back she was so curious about the girl that she can't help but ask him questions after questions

" Why did she reject Akash , she looked miserable just like Akash ,what did she say to you ....." the questions were endless but Arnav beta didn't answer them back as if he was lost in thoughts as well.

" Mamiji ,wait a little longer and you can talk to her in person " he answered back as he dropped her back home and Manorama realized her question have  to wait after all .

                     ****************

Khushi hadn't expected to see him that day ,she had expected him to have forgotten all about her but yet he came to see her and in the few minutes they talked he had even managed to make her laugh.

" So tell me ,khushi . Does your sister also keep starring at the wall looking lost like my cousin " he asked her once they were seated in corner table of her father's shop.

" Yes , tell me Arnav . What should we do about it , they both are miserable " Khushi asked him but he hadn't the answer , so they sat together in comfortable silence .

Until Khushi began stress eat her jalebis , which was the time he mentioned how cruel she had been to eat before a diabetic patient which managed to make her laugh for the first time since her sister heart got broken .

It was at that moment Akash mother walked into the shop and slapped her nephew , Khushi who had seen the glimpse of Arnav in his CEO mode expected him to get angry but he wasn't in the least bit angry but just hurt flickered in his eyes until his aunt apologized then it was gone as well.

Khushi had been taken back to see this side of him , a loving nephew who had all the patience for his aunt and when he rescued her from talking with his aunt for the time being she was more grateful to him than words can express.