Chapter 14: " Proposal"

A/N : Sorry about the delay in updating . I am kind of bit busy and didn't have enough time to get to write , so this will be a short update as I try to get back to continuing this story .

Sangeeth Party

Khushi couldn't keep her eyes of the man she is growing to like a whole lot more ,she was aware that everyone attention were focussed on her sister who was the bride to be which gave her enough freedom to glance at the man , she had been dating for a while .

After his initial protest that she shouldn't dance with NK , he backed off once she got upset over it . But that doesn't mean he had been happy when she danced with NK few minutes ago, she could see his angry glance from the time NK and her took the stage and now that the dreaded dance was over much to her relief , she kept glancing at him ,hoping to see he was no longer upset .

He hadn't looked at her after the dance , and she had been mentally calculating how to calm down her boyfriend , then catches herself in shock at how easy it was to imagine him as her boyfriend when she had heard enough about his no commitment life from his family .

" Chote doesn't date anyone for more than an month ", " Hello , hi ,bye ,bye ,Arnav Beta will never marry " etc, she heard his family mention several time .

And so she knows there is no way , this could last for long and one day he will break it up with her , but she refuses to think about it . Because a part of her hoped that what they shared was more than a casual relationship because how else could she feel this much for someone .

She wakes up with a smile thinking about him and wait till his baritone voice saying Good Night before sleeping and now he was not looking at her today and she couldn't just march up to him in front of whole house of guests.

But he had no such hesitance because few minutes later , he walked straight up to her and she wondered what has gotten into him until he reached her side in few strides.

" Dance with me " his voice commanded as her eyes finally glanced at his face in shock  , it was then she noticed the party people were all dancing with each other, she knew it was part of the arrangement to have everyone dance for awhile after the choreographed dances.

And Khushi who had been too focussed on him , forgot all about it until his command. If it was any other time she would have said No ,to avoid suspicion from others but tonight she did want to dance with him, so placed her hands over his outstretched one .

" Are you angry ?" She asked as he twirled her in his arms and refused to meet her eyes during their dance . Because while her heart rejoiced that she was in his arms , she still wondered what was going behind his mind .

" No , " he answered back but still she couldn't feel relived but decided she has all the time in the world to convince him to tell her everything and decide to soak up in their moment together than worry .

And the opportunity never occurred as her future Brother in law danced with her next and Arnav Singh Raizada went missing from the Party after their dance .

Once most of the guest departed , she took the opportunity to search for him when his sister asked Khushi to get something from her room and she didn't expect to find him in the arms of  someone else in his room.

Until that moment she didn't realize that her heart failed to heed her warning and was already in love with him , because it was breaking apart to see him with someone else

Then his eyes found her and he broke into a smile mingled with relief . Her first assumption was one of heart break , followed by jealousy but at his smile ,she wondered if it was his revenge but the relief in his face told a different story.