Chapter 10 :" Insecurities "

Payal used to love her work ,seeing little kids everyday used to be her personal energy booster but today even that didn't work as she walked out of her classroom feeling close to tears once again.

She didn't know Akash for long and yet she was in love with him, it was so stupid of her to believe in his words that he loved her as well, but she did and it was why she had to be the one who choose to walk away from their relationship because she can't have him fight with his mother for her .

Her house just ten minutes walk but recently it feels like a eternity to get home because the walk back to her home reminds her about him as he used to wait for her at the school gate every day since their first day

And even when she knew he won't be waiting for her today ,her still went to look at the place he used to wait for her and found someone else standing in the place

Payal had insisted Akash show his childhood pictures one day and it was why she knew the person waiting in that place was his mother ,she didn't know what she was doing at the school and wondered if she came for someone else until her eyes noticed Payal and her face broke into smile .

" Hello ,hi bye bye . I am Akash betava mother , you must be Payal betiya " the warm greeting infused her with hope that maybe she would be accepted but squashed it down when she remembered how Akash's mother wanted her sister as daughter in law not her .

A sudden sadness engulfed her which may the reason all she could do back was numb her hope as she waited for his mother to reveal her purpose of meeting with her .

" Let go and get us a cup of chai . I think we need to talk a lot " his mother spoke up as she gently but firmly dragged Payal to the nearby shop and once they were seated Payal waited for the speak up the reason for her visit.

Payal briefly wondered if Akash's mother wanted her to convince Khushi considering she believed Akash was dating her sister and yet she haven't mentioned her  sister's name not once so far.

" I was the daughter of a maid ,not that I am ashamed of my mother in the least , but she used to work for the Raizada's . And I used to go with her most days after school, Arnav beta's mother was my one real friend as we grew up and when my husband told his family that he liked to marry me , he expected them to deny or object at the least .

But they surprised him by coming to my house the very next day to talk about the alliance with my mother ,you would expect my mother would be thrilled by the offer but she said No , until then I hadn't even dreamed of marrying him but when the alliance came for my hand ,I had began to hope until my mother said firm No. 

I was pretty heart broken to be denied such a wonder full match until my mother told me that I will never be able to feel like an equal in the house ,  Manorama , they may treat you as friend or be magnanimous in offering the alliance  but they will never accept you fully had been my mother response at my tears.

And I believed her ,she was my mother and she knows the best right yet their family didn't give up, he came to talk to my mom often to convince her but it had been his sister , who had been able to convince my mother . I want my little brother to marry my best friend ,please allow it to happen had been her plea which was the reason my mother relented and I got married to my husband .

Not once in all these years have I felt anything but equal in that family , I had fought with my husband a lot but not once have he mentioned anything about my poor background in those fights because it is a thought that simply never crossed their mind

And yet my mother words have been buried deep in my mind that I had probably given it much more thought than them , The Raizadas weren't from a poor background but wasn't super rich wither until Arnav beta started working and in just six months we began to notice the changes in our lifestyle.