Chapter 3 :" The Heiress"

Shyam looked at the girl before him and wondered how can one be this un corrupt by the world ,she had a air of innocence around her just like his wife . He had seen many prospective clients but none like her . 

" So let me see if got it correct ,Miss Khushi . You want me to find a way to break your grandparents will and ensure you are no longer the beneficiary of the trust fund they left for you " he asked her trying to summarize what he heard for the last thirty minutes. 

" Yes , you can donate the money to charity I don't care but I want it gone " Khushi answered back leaving him stunned ,it wouldn't be easy to come to the decision considering the fact she could come into a wealth that could probably keep her secure for five generations . 

" May I ask why ?" he asked her because as a lawyer he is entitled to do as the client wishes but he is also required to advise them on the proper course of action . 

" Do you know how many suitors I had , too many to count and not one of them was interested in me. I can't marry a person who just wants my money and my parents refuse to let me stay single and most of all it was that stupid will that caused my sister heart break" She answered back as her eyes misted with tears ,though he understood her perspective ,still he believed she was being bit rash with her decision . 

" Why don't you take a week to think it through and I will check if they are any way to untangle the will " he answered back as she walked away he hoped she would change her mind . 

When the next client entered his office, he let a sigh of frustration ,because unlike Khushi ,this visit would be the total opposite . 

"Hello,hi bye bye . How is my favorite Damad " the voice greeted him as his family took the seat before him . He wanted to answer I had been fine until your visit but he doesn't think his wife would approve so didn't voice out those words . 

" I am your only Damad , and we just talked about it last week ,Arnav will not like it that you are here , come on don't let me get caught between your crossfire . He was the one who allotted your monthly allowance and I can't extend it " Shyam answered back , while his wife aunt was generous to love ,she was also generous to spend . 

At first he didn't understand the rule considering Arnav spoils his sister ,but later learnt the rules were meant to curtail her expensive shopping habit which leads to her being swindled by everyone who learns of her unlimited purse. 

" We weren't this wealthy until Arnav took over the family business shyamji . But when we got rich ,Arnav gave us all free rein with the finances . The first time Mamiji brought a Vase which was supposed to be thousand years old and paid an enormous sum for the same, turned out to be an vase  made just two months ago . 

    The next time it was a diamond jewellery that was supposed to be worn by Indian princess which turned out to be fake diamonds . And Arnav doesnt want her to learn about it and feel bad so she never knew about them either . To prevent her from such incidents  chote laid down the rule the any purchase above her monthly allowance should be approved by him " his wife explained to him back then and he understood their reason yet it wasn't easy to always say no to her either .