viginti tres

how come you won't

join my club?

_

_

_

"i'm playing head games with you,

got you where i want you,

i got you, i got you,

i got you where i want you now."

lana del rey +++ the darkest day

_

_

_

jungkook's POV

i have a lighter.

i have a lighter.

i have a lighter.

i have a lighter.

i have-

mr. kim left me with a lighter. i was just sleeping, trying to rest after a long night up from those dreaded pulp-caked screams. sound can scar just as hotly as fire...and right now that might be exactly what i need.

"mr. kim!" i call out to the door. he couldn't have left. 

not like that.

why was he laying above me? why is the mattress over there, across the room, crunched against the cold wall? why did...why did mr. kim take my earplug out and say those things?

he wasn't going to burn me, was he? 

was he going to end the contract, then and there? but his tone of voice...that caramel crisp, molten lava spilling into my mind...no. he couldn't have been serious.

because something about him was off. now that i think about it...

mr. kim looked scared. for the first time on his deceptively attractive face i spotted the mask of fear. when he woke me up it wasn't with venom, his voice didn't hold its normal power. his blackish eyes stared right at me--right through me. i don't think he meant to say that out loud. maybe he thought i wouldn't wake up?

why would he risk it, though?

"mr. kim!" 

i want him to come back. he needs to explain this. does he want me to use the lighter? is he expecting me not to?

(I HVAVE A LGIGHTER ON MY STOMTACH!)

"taehyung!"

i'm desperate. he can't do that to me. i don't care if the other projects hear me screaming, calling out to a man who i know isn't going to come back. with those awful boots on, i don't think he has the ability to turn back. it's wrong for him.