triginta septem

baby, baby on the wall,

who will catch you when you fall?

_

_

_

"there's a change gonna come

i don't know where or when

but whenever it does,

we'll be here for it."

lana del rey +++ change

_

_

_

jungkook's POV

"and...that's why i became a pharmacist."

i finish my story for taehyung, who's massaging my legs draped over his lap. our empty hot chocolate mugs sit listening into our conversation on the side table, their sides peppered with drips of stray cocoa.

"was it really because you were good at chemistry?" taehyung doesn't seem to buy the story that i didn't know what to do with my life so i just chose the safe path. "or was it because of the money."

"no. i could give a shit about money." i watch as taehyung's veiny hands knead my thigh. "and i didn't do it to help people either. i don't care much about giving people drugs. i was enabling addicts, if anything."

taehyung nods. he told me all about his dislike of the modern practice of medicating and how it killed his father. i feel so bad for taehyung--right when his father thought he was doing the right thing for his son, he ended up paying the price with his life. i've never hated andrew more than i do now.

speaking of andrew...

"taehyung, it's already dark out--shouldn't you be taking care of the body?"

taehyung shifts me closer to his lap, both hands squeezing my upper thigh. "not yet...give it a few minutes...it has to be fully dark. i don't bury people in daylight."

i think back to last night at around this time, when i spotted the bike propped up against the wrought iron gate. it pisses me off, makes me want to hurt whoever has been watching us.

"you should install cameras, see who's been spying on us." i sigh as taehyung brushes his fingers closer to my inner thigh. "it can't be george...he wouldn't travel all the way from upstate new york just to take a few pictures and lurk around the property...especially on a bike. he probably thinks he's too good for that..."

"i know." taehyung teases his fingers under the waistband of my sweatpants. the temperature of the room instantly rises as i feel the pads of his fingers ghost my flesh softly. "i think george might have hired someone to do his work, just as he's using me to kill his wife."