quinquaginta duo

in gunpowder does the 

end of the beginning lay.

_

_

_

"paradise is a hell-colored flame sky,

is it nice to feel free and wild?

paradise is a game of do-or-die,

i just ride, ride, ride."

lana del rey +++ angels forever

_

_

_

jungkook's POV

"y-your...mother?"

taehyung yanks me towards a large cherry oak wardrobe in the workshop. outside, the sound of a vehicle approaching roughly on the gravel mingles with the roar of the house on fire. i feel powerless, ice cold.

scared shitless. 

"we'll talk later, jungkook." taehyung's features have stilled, giving him a dead expression. i'm glad he's at least able to function under pressure, because i can hardly walk right now. car doors slam loudly outside. "listen closely to me baby, i o-only have time to say this once."

fuck. fuck no. 

that's not what i want to hear. i feel like running, screaming, crying in the situation we're in right now. 

i want to tell taehyung that no, i won't listen the first time, because i want him to repeat it to me over and over. i want to hear him say that everything will be okay and that those noises are just in my imagination, that we're actually just in the workshop because he wants to tell me about the history behind more pieces of furniture. that he wants to promise me a hundred different romantic trips to breathtaking castles. that he wants to propose to me inside of one, give me a large, sparkling engagement ring, and proceed to have the wedding within those same castle walls.

"okay, taehyung." i croak out, unable to breathe properly. a few angry shouts richochet off the workshop walls. they're coming. "i'm l-listening."

taehyung takes a deep breath, his blackish eyes staring into mine.

"you need to stay in this wardrobe the entire time. this piece is special because right on the inside there's a secret chamber that's hidden to the naked eye. look for a small scratch, and right next to it there will be a handle. with you hiding in there, they won't be able to find you, even if they do open the door and look inside."

my breath hitches as he grabs my wrist with urgency. the angry voices yell profanities outside. i hear where are those fuckers? and they must be in there.