four

after staying in bed contemplating yesterday, you decided to dress up today and go out again. even if it was hot outside (y/n) still wore her black turtle neck and tucked it inside her beige pants.

you were craving something weird today. that's why you were here, in the street markets of seoul. various food stalls scattered around the busy street while loud music had played. but not even the smell of your favorite street food lured you in.

it was actually the opposite. standing in front of the hotteok stand, you found yourself buying your least favorite food. it wasn't that you hated hotteok, you were only choosy when it comes to the filling of it. instead of the usual honey and brown sugar which you loved, it was filled with cheese and caramel.

you can't complain knowing your palette will love the taste, it's just... too greasy for you.

paying for the snack that was still hot, you turned away while looking intently at it. being the person you are and not paying actual attention to where the hell you are going, of course you bumped into someone.

no you didn't fall down like a cliche female protagonist. instead you just halted in place as the man you bumped shoulders with did the same, the street was fairly empty now since the cafe's around the are opened up. 

you noticed how the person towered over you, he had black cargo pants and black long sleeves under a black shirt. 

'holy shit, this guy's going through emo phase.. okay what the fu-'  your eyes widen at the chunky platform shoes that he had on which added to his already high height.

looking at his eyes, under the bucket had and behind the black mask that he wore, you could identify how shocked he was. his pretty doe like eyes stared at you with disbelief, which you were confused about.  

deciding to escape this anxiety fueling situation, you bowed your head silently before brushing past him. hearing footsteps behind you, you couldn't help but look back. there was another guy there which contrasted his style of fashion greatly.

you noticed a cup in his hand and managed to figure out what was sitting in there, your favorite street food that you had no cravings for. 

shaking your head silently, you decided to go home. quietly munching on the snack you never thought you'd enjoy.

bts pov │a few hours before

After finding out the whole soulmate controversy yesterday, everyone decided to stay home to let the situation sink in.

jungkook decided to play in the living room this time and keep namjoon company. his head was resting on namjoon's shoulder who was reading a book. he seemed calm today and totally unbothered. jungkook on the other hand has been uneasy, everytime he came across someone, he tried to smell them.

weird? probably. 

but that was his soul sense, he can recognize his soulmate through scent. that was why he was extra sensitive when it comes to smell.

although it was different than normal perfume or any other scents when it come to his soulmates. namjoon smelled like freshly opened paper and a hint of black coffee, jin smelled like confectionery and some type of savory dish that he couldn't describe, yoongi smelled like mint and something woody that makes him feel sleepy every time.

hobi's scent was his favorite out of everyone, he smelled like almonds or apple pie and it made jungkook feel happy everytime. jimin smelled like baby powder and shea butter , which jimin was upset about ever since he revealed it to him, never the less jungkook liked it because it was vey soft and comforting. and taehyung had the most complicated one. sometimes he smelled like wheat from a place in never land but sometimes smelled almost like ashes and white roses.

he was cut off of his wondering as a familiar rose scent had entered his nose, lifting his head from namjoon and looking behind him, he saw taehyung putting on shoes, dressed to impress and without a mask.

"hyung?" taehyung turned to him, smiling lightly.

"yes jungkook-ah?"

"where are you going?"

"I suddenly have a craving.." taehyung mumbled adjusting the messenger bag on his shoulder.

both the males on the couch perked up at this. taehyung had this as his soul sense, usually exchanging favorite foods with his soulmates until they both eat the dishes together. 

jungkook jumped out of the couch going to taehyung and shaking him by the shoulders back and forth.

"what is it hyung?" taehyung held the youngest by the wrist to stop him from shaking his shoulders.

"tteokbokkki..... extra spicy." jungkook stopped hopping and looked at him insane. namjoon blinked his eyes rapidly at him.

"you're going to die" a voice from the hallway had inserted. there stood yoongi barefooted, he strolled towards namjoon and took jungkook's spot.

"hyungggg..." taehyung whined as jungkook started hopping once again, taehyung still holding his wrists.

"take jungkook with you, he can drag your ass in a hospital in no time" yoongi said humming when namjoon started to run his fingers through his hair.

"roger!" with that jungkook grabbed his shoes and a bucket hat also two black masks that would save them from the crowding of fans. saying goodbye to the two they were off to the famous street market of seoul.