Baby Fever

"So when am I becoming an aunt?" Sophie said as we all were eating lunch. I spit out the lemonade I'm drinking while Rachel yells at her daughter and Jack sinks down in his chair. "Lemon, we've been married for 6 months give it time" Jack says while looking like a beet. "I'm just saying, if I was either one of you, I'd never get off the other." "Sophie!" "What I'm just saying!" At this point, Jack and I are both sitting there super uncomfortable as the two other Perry's are fighting. "Ok, how about this? When I find out, you'll be the first to know." I ask trying to move on from the topic. "Ok, deal! By the way, god bless those genes" she agrees now talking about new crocs she wants to get. Rachel and I look over at each other. She knows how much I wanna be a mom. Of course, we've talked about it but never when. "What do you think babe, should we get them to match?" "Uh yeah sweetie, you guys would look cute" I reply smiling at my husband. I love my life and while I would love to have a kid, I'm still very young. I'm pulled out of my daydream by Jack kissing my cheek. He looks at me sweetly and says we should go home. We say goodbye and head to the car. I can't stop thinking about the baby conversation. I just gotta tell him. "I think we should have a baby" I quickly say. "Are you sure? With me on the road and your music are you positive it's gonna work out?" "Yeah, I can record while I'm pregnant and wait a year to tour and you can come with!" "Ok, then when we get home we can start trying" he says making eye contact with me. I can't wait to have my happy little family.

*2 months later*
Jack is at work with Marko and Austin. I've had this sick feeling in my stomach all day and it won't go away. Wait a minute.... I grab my phone and look at the day. I'm 3 weeks late. I call Sophie and tell her to grab Stella and a test. About 10 minutes later they knock on the door and I'm being pushed to the bathroom. "Ok, now we wait for 5 minutes." I say walking out. "What if you're pregnant?" Stella asks. "Jack and I have talked about what's going to happen. We have a plan." I reply pacing back and forth. "I hope you are!" Sophie says excited shaking her hands. "Lemon, go check it!" I say as my alarm rings. She runs to the bathroom and squeals giving me my answer. "It's positive!" She yells hugging me. I don't know why but I quickly text Marko and Austin saying "DO NOT TELL JACK!" with a picture of the test. Holy crap I'm gonna be a mom.