• Chapter Fifteen •

Don't start walking towards me Jun! I wish you could hear my mind!

"Maya!! Hey!" Jun says with a huge smile on his face.

I love your smile.

"Haha hi! What a coincidence we met here." I tell him.

"Oh by the way, this is my mom. Mom this is Jun." I introduce them to each other.

"Oh hello Maya's friend!" My mom greets him.

"Nice to meet you Mam." He bows to her.

"This is Maya's favorite bakery." She tells him as we are standing a few steps behind it.

Why is my mom telling him that?!

"Oh haha! Nice. This is my second time coming to this bakery. I like their tarts." He says shyly.

"Well I'm happy we got to see each other but I have to go now. My dad is waiting. Ok bye!" I tell him and grab my mom's shoulder.

"Ok see you." He holds his hand up for a high-five.

I high-five him slightly tiptoeing, and get back to our car.

"He's such a gentlemen." My mom teases me.

"Mom!!" I say in a way for her to stop making me feel embarrassed.

...

My dad unlocks the door.

"We're back!" Mom says as we enter the house.

"Welcome!" Zoe is sitting on the couch while looking at her phone.

"I met Maya's classmate on the way back. Didn't know she would be friends with a boy so early. Our girl is growing up." Mom tells Zoe as she sets the cake in the fridge.

"Can you please stop? He's just a friend!!" I say rolling my eyes.

"Haha Mom how was he?" Zoe asks her.

"He kind of looks like those boys she really likes?? What's that band called?" She says.

"You mean.. BTS?" I ask her.

"Aha! Yes. Is he Korean too?" My mom snaps her fingers.

"Noo! He doesn't look like them. But yes, he's Korean." I shake my head as my mom thinks all Koreans look the same.. THEY. DON'T.

"I'm going to eat the cookies I bought." I say to them and go up to my room.

I check my phone and see the groupchat messages. There are many. I read through the texts. Seems like they have all agreed to the place I want to go to.

Asher - So tomorrow at 7 pm? Sounds good? I'll pick you guys up and drop off too.

Jun - Ah if you both are comfortable, that is.

Sky - I'm down! Let's see what Maya has to say when she's online.

I text them back.

Maya - I'm totally ready for a car ride! And yay! Tomorrow it is! Mania here we come ;)

Asher - haha glad to know that. Alright sent me your address and I'll be there!

Maya - okay! Let me check in with Sky if she can come to my house and you can pick both us at the same place. Less of a hassle.

Asher - Sounds good to me. ^.^

I text Sky separately and she agrees with my idea. We both exchange our address.

Tomorrow is gonna be a good day!

...

I wake at the sound of my T.V blasting BTS music.

My sister is sitting on the bean bag infront of me and watching Bon Voyage.

I start watching it too.

"I love season 2. It's Iconic." I yawn. My voice sounds groggy.

"Oh, you're awake." She turns around to see my sleepy face.

"What should I wear today?" I ask my sister.

I already told my parents and Zoe that I am going out with my friends. They agreed and told me to come back before 10 pm.

"You don't need me to drop you off?" Zoe says.

"Actually, Asher is picking us up. Sky will also be at my house a few minutes early. So.. you can take a break." I tell her as I open my closet.

"He's driving? Hmm ok." She says not sounding too convinced.

I go upto her and place my hands on her shoulders.

"I'll be fine. Trust me." I try to lighten up her mood. It's fair for her to be worried. But I can take care of myself. And I don't think the boys are like that.

She gives me a little smile.

"Tell me which outfit is better now!" I say as I have picked out two outfits.

1. Black turtleneck, olive jacket, blue jeans with the new black boots.

2. Striped collared shirt, black jeans with the same new boots.

"The first one! Definitely! The color olive, suits you." Zoe says.

"Done!" I place the outfit on my chair.