Chapter 17

Mal POV.

The next morning we all got ready for our picnic and met Evie, Jay, and Carlos in the forest. We were all talking then I realized that there weren't enough strawberries so I stood up and said, "There aren't enough strawberries to my liking, I think we have more in the fridge so Im going to go back and get some" I then walked off into the forest on my own. I got in and I left the door open as I was only going to be a few seconds. I grabbed the strawberries out of the fridge and ae one, then I heard "hello?" I went to the door and saw Ben, I dropped my strawberries and stood like a statue. He then said, "Mal?" I crouched down and picked up the strawberries I had dropped, once I had picked them back I said, "What are you doing here?" He looked at me and said, "My parents live here, why are you here?" I looked at him and said with a slight joke in my tone, "Gone back to stealing, darn, I need to go back to remedial goodness 101" I turned around hoping the conversation was over, but he just walked closer to me.

He put his hand on my shoulder, I avoided eye contact and brushed his handoff. Suddenly Evie said, "Mal have you got the.....oh, hey Ben" He turned around to Evie and said, "You knew where she was?" Evie looked between the both of us and said, "to be fair I only found out 2 days ago". All of a sudden Belle walks in the door and dramatically gasps and said, "Why are you in my house" Ben then said, "Mum drop the act" I then said to Belle, "No one followed you, did they? cause we don't want any more run-ins if you get what im saying" Ben then shouted, "More people know you're here!" Then Jay walks in and says, "How many people does it take to get some strawberries" Ben then says, "Jay too? How could you!" Jay then says, "Honestly I don't care what you think, we know your little secret" Ben gave a confused look to Jay and so did I, then Ben said, "I don't have any secrets!" Evie sighed and said, "Jay are we going to really do it now?" Jay then said, "Why not?"

Carlos then ran in the room and said, "Why is everyone taking so long?" he then looked at Ben and said, "oh" I then said, "Carlos, why don't you go back to Adam and tell him to stay there as we shouldn't be long" he then said, "I completely understand" then Carlos ran off. Evie then intimidatingly walked around Ben and said, "Have you ever been to the Isle of the lost Ben?" I looked at them confused and said, "Are you trying to say... No" Jay nodded, then I said, "There's no proof!" Belle then said, "Proof of?" Ben then said, "I have no idea what's going on here" Evie then pulled out a photo. The photo. The one that's ripped in half except its the half on me. I then shouted, "Where the hell did you get that!" I ran out of the room, my mind was filled with all these memories of Guy, or now Ben. I then walked back into the room and said, "Ben why did you do that to my friend!" Jay then shouted, "Mal!" I then stubbornly said, "I want answers.....for my friend" Belle then said, "I don't understand what's going on, Mal?" I then looked at Ben and said, "How could you do that? That girl in the picture was innocent, what did she ever do to you! All she did was help you! And how do you repay her? Huh!" It then hit Belle, the sudden realization of what they are talking about.

I was now fighting to hold back tears, Ben then said, "Look Im sor.." I stopped him and cried from my lungs, "Do you know what you did? You scarred me for life! I trusted you, helped you and what thanks do I get?" I stuttered then said, "I mean my friend"Ben then tilted his head and quietly said, "Mal, It was you wasn't it?" He came closer but I pushed him away. Then I shouted, "WHY!" Jay then pushed him against a wall and said, "She asked you a question!" Ben then said, "Maleficent said, If I didn't she'd kill my family" Jay then said, "How stupid are you? It was an Island with a magic barrier" floods of tears were coming out of me then I said, "Ben I was an 11-year-old girl, and what did you do after, you ignored me! I was trying to tell you something extremely important, but you ignore me, then your gone" Ben gave an apologetic look and said, "I ignored you because I was embarrassed" I gave him a death glare and said, "You wouldn't know embarrassing if it hit you in the face" He sighed and said, "What did you want to tell me?" I looked into his eyes and said, "I've had years to get over that fact"

We all stood in silence for a moment until Ben said, "If you didn't know who I was in Auradon, then why did you leave?" I turned away from him and said, "Cause I didn't want to tell you what you did to me, and the effect, in the long run, it had on my life" Belle then said, "Ben I think its best you leave" He then said, "The long run?"