4- Newbie

-The next morning -

My head is pounding. After my talk with Vox I returned home to try, but utterly fail, at getting some sleep. I rub my temple trying to sooth the pounding in my skull.

Maybe you shouldn't have drank two whole bottles of whiskey last night.

"Oh fuck off." I growl. My shadow laughs and disappears.

I cast a quick healing spell on my head to sooth this massive headache. It works and I get up from my bed.

Last night I couldn't take my mind off the newbie that arrived in hell. Only an extremely powerful demon could have made a power surge that big. I'm not worried about myself or my turf, I'm sure I'm more than capable of taking on this newbie.

But I have no wish of challenging them unless they decide to mess with my territory. If they do I'll have no problem putting them in their place.

I sigh as I make myself some coffee. I'll need it since those horrid nightmares interrupted my sleep again.

I sit at the table mindlessly sipping my coffee.

Maybe I should see who this new demon is?

I can't deny that I'm curious.

Find them. Put them in their place.

"Now, now, let's not be hasty. This new demon has done nothing to piss me off yet." I say.

My shadow sits across from me at the table, arms crossed and a displeased expression on its face. My shadow has been with me since I started magic. It's been giving me advice since then.

You're strong.

"That I am, but I don't go around looking for random pointless fights."

You used to. You miss it.

I roll my eyes. "I don't need any more territory." My shadow huffs. "And I don't desire fighting pointless battles."

You getting lazy. People will stop fearing you. You'll lose-

I slam my hand on the table, causing my coffee to tip and spill. "No one would dare!" I growl. My ears pinned back.

My shadow shrugs and dissolves.

I glance at the mess I made, my figure relaxing a bit. Snapping my fingers the mess is cleaned. I stand from the table and run my hand through my hair.

I should go on a rampage soon, to remind them who's in charge.

I make my way to the door but I pause. Ugh, I'm not in the mood for this today. Last night's nightmare still haunts me and I have no idea why. I turn from the door ready to just hide out in my room for the day.

Go outside.

"Why?"

You'll see.

I roll my eyes and turn back to the door. I snap on my coat and open the door. I don't want to deal with much bullshit today.

-time skip brought to you by the wonderful screams of your victims-

I stop in my tracks, I almost don't even recognize the city. Like yeah it always looks like shit but now there's more blood and destruction.

"What the fuck?" I mutter under my breath.

I walk through the streets, scouting my territory for the jackass that's responsible for this mess. Posters and fliers litter the ground and walls. I pick one up.

Beware the Radio Demon!!

"Radio demon?" I crumple the paper and continue in the direction of screams.

"Damn newbie's been busy." I mutter.

Destroy him.

"We'll see."

My shadow scoffs, we'll see? Look around you! Look at what that filth has done to your territory!

I roll my eyes, "I'll handle it."

My shadow huffs and disappears.

The screams get louder as I get closer to the source of the chaos. My ears flatten and my body tenses as I come in view of a bloody sight. Bodies litter the ground. It looks like every demon suffered a unique and utterly painful death. Standing in the center of the chaos is a taller demon wearing all red. Radio static fills the air, causing my ears to flick in annoyance.

I observe the demon while he kills yet another demon. He uses some form of voodoo. I scoff.

"And you were worried. He's not even powerful enough to use real magic." I whisper to my shadow.

Show him some real magic.

I step out of the shadows. "Hey you! The cherry bean pole!" I shout.

The static in my ears grows and suddenly the demon is right in front of me.

Teleportation. Interesting.

"Hello, darling~"

-•*•-
Date written- 7-9-2020
Words- 755

Shits about to go down! Hehe

Cya~