9- A Cold Welcome

My knocks ring throughout the silent street. No one answers. I'm about to turn and head home thinking no ones home, when the door opens revealing a blonde haired demon with rosy cheeks.

I'm about to speak when she slams the door in my face.

I'm left with a shocked expression. "Not a very welcoming hotel apparently." I mutter.

The door opens again, as if seeing if I'm still there, which I am. Then slams once again.

I don't know what to think.

See? Rude people

"I'm sure they just don't know what to think with me at the door." I say. "I do have quite the reputation."

My shadow disappears as the door opens once again.

"Can I come in now?" I ask.

"Y-yeah. Sure." The blonde steps aside letting me in, and I've got to say the place looks like it's seen better days.

"So- uh- What can I do for you miss Witch."

"Please, just call me (Y/N)."

Before she can answer a white haired and grey toned demon shoves a spear towards my throat. "Not another step!" She growls.

I pin my ears back and snarl.

"Hurt anyone here and I will not hesitate to end you!" The demon hisses.

I relax my form and chuckle slightly. "Why would I wish to hurt anyone?" I smirk. "If that was my plan I can personally guarantee that I would've already done so."

The white haired demon glares at me with a look that could kill. While the blonde one tries to calm her down.

"Vaggie stop, she clearly isn't going to hurt us."

The white haired demon lowers her spear. "Fine, but I'm watching you." She glares at me once more.

I smile. "Watch away, I swear to you that I have no harmful plans."

The white haired demon rolls her eyes and walks away, but still keeping an eye no me like she said.

"So- uh- why exactly are you here? If I may ask. I don't mean to be rude but I didn't expect an overlord such as yourself to stop by." She pauses but continues quickly as her face lights up, "oh! Do you seal redemption for yourself?"

I smile and pat the girls head. "Sorry but I have no interest in this redemption thing, does it even work? Any I'm here just for curiosity reasons."

"Curiosity?"

"Yes, I am simply curious."

"Oh, well then. Um- I'm Charlotte but you can call me Charlie." Charlie smiles.

"Nice to make your acquaintance. And I do believe I'll want a room, you see it's getting late and I don't wish to make my way back home."

"Oh yes, of course!" Charlie bounces off to get my room key.

I make my way over to the white haired demon.

"I don't believe we've had a proper introduction. I'm (Y/N)."

"Vaggie." She responds without making eye contact.

I chuckle and place a hand on her shoulder, causing her to tense up. "Relax, I won't hurt you." I say.

She doesn't say anything, just shoots me a glare and steps out of my reach.

Charlie comes back with the key and a clipboard. "I'll need you to answer a few questions before we get situated."

"Fire away." I say as I cross my arms.

"When did you die?"

"June 13, 1930."

"How did you die?"

"Shot to the head by police man."

"What sins are you guilty of?"

"Witch craft, murder, theft."

Charlie scribbles down my answers and hands me the key. "Your room is number 13. Enjoy your stay."

"Thank you Charlie!" I turn and make my way to my room. I get to my room and unlock it. Much like the rest of the hotel the room has definitely seen better days. The paint peeling off the walls and dust is coating much of the surfaces.

"This won't do." I mutter. I snap my fingers and the room is freshened up. The walls no longer have peeling paint and every surface shines like new. On the bed (F/C) blankets and pillows create a mountain of softness. "Much better." I smile to myself.

I flop on the bed and sigh. It's actually pretty comfy. I let my eyes slip closed and I drift off to sleep.

-•*•-
Date- 7-16-2020
Words- 718

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't worry the strawberry pimp will be arriving soon.

Cya~