37- Hostage

The first thing I feel is my hands tied above my head. The next is the cold cement floor.

I open my eyes but that doesn't make much difference, the room is pitch black. I slowly let my eyes adjust to the darkness. The room is pretty empty, just a table and a door.

Where am I?

I pull a bit against the chains holding my hands but they don't budge. I try using my magic to break the chains but that doesn't work either. I sigh in defeat and sit patiently waiting for who ever thought they could take me from my own streets.

After what feels like hours of sitting alone in the dark, the door finally opens and in strides Vox.

"You fucking asshole." I spit. "Kidnapping me from my own territory! You got some nerve!" I pull against the chains.

Vox just smiles, a toothy yet pixelated smirk on that ugly flatscreen head. "No need for such fowl language pup." He steps aside and flips a switch causing the whole room to flood with bright light.

I squeeze my eyes shut as the suddenness of the light. I open them back up slowly, my eyes readjusting to the light of the room.

"What do you want? Why am I here?" I ask though I already know exactly what's wrong.

"You must be stupider than you look if you really don't know why you're here." Vox sneers.

"If this is about the attacks I swear to you I have nothing to do with those-" I'm interrupted by a slap to my face.

"Don't lie to me you bitch!"

I can feel my face sting where he slapped me. Probably left a huge welt on my face.

"Careful Vox I still want her looking pretty. A pretty body like hers can be very useful to me." A smooth voice speaks out.

I look up to see Valentino enter the room as well. I roll my eyes, of course he had to be here too. I look back towards Vox, "You never told me what you want. And why I'm tied up."

"All we want is for you to pay. And we wish to use you as much as we can before other overlords figure out you're here." He responds.

"Yeah not gonna happen. I'll just return home now." I say. "As interesting as you two are I don't feel like spending the day here."

"You've already been here for three days what's one more." Vox leans down close. "Also you're to weak to break free. If you weren't you'd have left already."

"How do you know I'm not just waiting for the perfect moment?" I quiz.

"Because I know you, we were after all friends."  Vox turns and leaves the room, Valentino stays.

He inspects me. His eyes traveling all over my body, stopping at my chest and then my legs. I resist the urge to gag. "Yes I suppose I can work with a body like yours."

I send him a glare. He laughs and leaves the room. The moment he's gone the lights go out leaving me in pitch black once again.

My mind begins to race, finally giving in to the panic.

Three days!?! I was out for three days?!

Slowly I calmed my breathing, panicking will not get me anywhere.

Think (Y/N), there has to be a way out. Those three my be powerful but they're far from bright.

I try my magic again. Concentrating as hard as I can and yet the chains don't break. After three attempts I'm worn out and extremely tired.

Must be annoying having so little power. To be only a fraction of your former self.

"I thought I banished you."

You banished my physical form. I still exist in your mind, for I am you.

"So you can talk to me but can't manifest."

Correct

"You're like a devil on my shoulder."

If that is how you see me then yes but I am no more than an extension of your own mind.

"Makes sense I suppose."

I cannot help you on the physical plane of existence unless you free me.

"Not gonna happen."

Just think if you freed me I could cut those chains with ease. You'd be free and restored to your former power.

"You think I'm going to believe you after you lied to me. Go back to the dark hole you crawled out of."

My shadow doesn't respond, it retreats to the back of my mind and I'm alone with my thoughts once again.

The words of my shadow bounce around in my mind.

Could it really be that simple?

No I can't give in! This is what it wants, it wants to be free.

I will get out of here on my own. I just need time.

-hours later-

My thoughts are chased away by the sound of a slot opening and something slide along the ground, coming to a stop when it hits my feet.

I smell it a second later. Venison.

Before I can make some snarky remark about not being able to eat with my hands restrained, the chain loosens and my hands fall in my lap. I rub my sore wrists and shoulders. I glance down at the plate. My mouth starts watering, I reach down only to notice there are no utensils.

"Assholes." I grumble. No doubt they've got cameras set up with night vision watching me. Probably laughing their asses off at their version of a joke.

"If it's a show they want, it's a show they'll get." I mumble to myself.

My claws lengthen and I dig into the meat. I rip off chunks of the raw meat and shove it in my mouth. The blood dripping down my chin.

I can almost picture Val's and Vox's disgusted faces. Laughing at the images in my mind I scarf down more of the food.

Before I can finish the chains retighten and lock my hands above my head again. I growl against my restraints.

The door opens and the light switches on to reveal Vox standing in the doorway. That exact look of disgust on his face. "That was a rather disgusting display."

I lick my lips and grin, showing him my blood stained teeth. "I will not be tamed." I sneer.

"We will see about that." Vox snaps his fingers and the plate disappears. "Sleep well~" he laughs and exits the room.

I try to get comfortable but it's no use. Eventually though I do fall asleep.

-time skip to morning-

I'm rudely awaken to the sound of the door bursting open and the lights flashing on. I look up at Vox, trying to blink the sleep from my eyes.

"That was quite the rude wake up call." I grumble.

Vox grabs a fistful of my hair and yanks it hard, causing my head to slam into the wall behind me.

I hiss in pain as stars dance throughout my darkening vision.

"Time to pay mutt."

-•*•-
Date- 8-22-2020
Words- 1177

Hope y'all enjoyed! See you next chapter!

Cya~