45- Predator vs. Prey

A/N: thought this song would fit this chapter. Listen to is or not, your choice.

-•*•-

Clang!

My sword is met with Alastor's radio staff. I push the sword down, the blade getting closer to his neck.

"(Y-Y/N)." Alastor grunts in effort to keep my sword away. "Please listen." He begs.

"Like how you listened to me?" I growl, pushing harder on the sword.

The blade makes contact with his skin, cutting his neck slightly. With a sudden huff of effort, Alastor pushes me away. He lifts a hand to his neck and brings it away covered in blood. He looks back at me, his eyes wide.

I lick the blood off the sword and smirk. My eyes flashing as the taste of deer blood fills my mouth.

I swing again, the edge of the sword just barely snipping some of Al's hair as he ducks out of the away.

"Nice reflexes Bambi." I sneer. My sword is once again met with his staff.

I push off, making Al slide back a bit while I jump backwards. Energy pulses down my arm towards the sword. I glance down at it to see it crackling and glowing.

My eyes light up in excitement as I swing the sword. A beam of energy following the curve of the swing shoots towards Alastor. He jumps out of the way just in time. The beam continues on and cuts the building behind Al clean in half.

My laughter rings out.

"That was fun!"

I raise my arm to swing again, only to feel tiny hands grab at my arm and the sword. I spin around seeing a bunch of little voodoo dolls behind me. I rip my arm free of their grasp.

They smile evilly, brandishing tiny knives of their own. I tighten my grip on my sword and start cutting through them all until there's nothing but bloodless parts left.

"Not as entertaining with out the blood." I mutter.

My wolf ears perk up and warn me of oncoming danger. In the blink of an eye I lift my sword to block Alastor's microphone staff.

I growl in anger as my sword is batted out of my hand. It clatters along the ground a few feet away and turns to shadow.

I look back at Alastor and laugh. My body turns to shadow and I disappear from view. Alastor looks around frantically, trying to figure out where I am. The sight almost makes me laugh.

I appear behind him. Close enough that my breath grazes his neck. He stiffens like a deer caught in headlights.

He swings around with his staff trying to hit my head. I duck and swing my leg out, effectively knocking his feet out from under him. He hits the ground with a thud.

I stand over him, my claws becoming sharp. I raise my arm and swing it down. My claws strike the pavement, leaving deep gouges.

I straighten up and see Alastor disappear around a corner.

"And the chase begins."

My body changes to shadow again. I jump from shadow to shadow following Alastor as he runs down street after street.

I stop at an intersection not knowing which way he ran. I lift my nose to the air, taking a deep breath.

The sent of deer and blood leads down the street to the left. I jump through the shadows following his sent.

It's funny how he thinks he can escape me.

I see him at the end of the street and wicked smile spreads on my face.

Not wanting him to run forever, I summon a wall of shadow fire in front of Alastor. This causes him to stop in his tracks.

My laughter rings out as I appear behind him.

He turns to face me. "(Y/N) I'm sorry. I sorry for not listening to-"

"Shut it!" I yell. "You don't get to be sorry!"

The ground cracks beneath my feet. The buildings around us shudder and tremble. My eyes burn with hatred. Magic pools at my fingertips, ready to be released.

Third POV

Alastor looks around at the buildings that shake from (Y/N)'s wrath. Some of the buildings fall, not being able to stand anymore. He's never seen such a display of power before, normally he would be enjoying it if he was not the intended target of this wrath.

(Y/N) jumps at Al. Wrapping her claws around his neck.

"I'll kill you for what you put me through!" She seethes.

Alastor's eyes trail down to the exposed scar above her heart.

She lifts him off his feet and slams him into the pavement with enough force to create a huge crater. Nearby buildings crumble by the shockwave of the impact.

Alastor is struggling to keep consciousness as (Y/N)'s grip tightens, her claws also piercing his neck. Alastor's eyes turn to static as a voodoo tentacle appears behind (Y/N) and lifts her off him.

(Y/N) screams in rage and claws at the inky black tentacle but it doesn't let go. She pauses as it turns her towards Al, who is standing on slightly shaky legs and holding his neck in pain.

"(Y/N) I really am sorry. I've never been more sorry for anything in my life."

"Shut up!" (Y/N) screams, wiggling and clawing trying to break free.

"Darling please listen, I was blinded by rage and made a grave mistake I'm so sorry."

(Y/N) stops struggling and looks at Alastor. "I'm not your darling anymore!" She growls out. Her body turns to shadow and she drops out of the grip of the tentacle.

(Y/N) stands, energy and shadow warping around her.

The wind around them picks up and more buildings crumble. (Y/N) lifts off the ground, as if invisible wings are holding her up. She floats in the air as energy crackles around her. One snap and she could level all of Hell.

"(Y/N)! Stop!" A voice shouts.

Her gaze flicks to Angel down on the ground as he and the rest of the hotel staff runs towards her and Alastor.

"(Y/N) this isn't you!" Charlie shouts.

"You don't know me."

Energy pulses around (Y/N). She sends off a giant pulse of energy, knocking everyone away into the surrounding rubble, all except Al.

"(Y/N) you're blinded by rage like I was. You're not thinking straight and you're blocking everyone out. Those where your friends (Y/N)!" Alastor points towards the rubble where Angel is helping Husk up.

(Y/N) looks at the blood dripping down Angel's forehead. Her gaze softening. Slowly she starts drifting down.

"(Y/N) I know I hurt you. You have a right to be angry with me, but you're making the same mistake. Don't do something you'll regret." Alastor says as he takes a step closer to (Y/N).

"My only mistake was trusting you!" She growls.

"That's not true my dear. I was the fool. It was not your fault but mine. It was your heart on the line. I really fucked it up this time. Didn't I my dear?"

(Y/N) floats down to the ground, her feet landing silently on the pavement.

Alastor steps forward and takes her hand in his. "I'll listen now I promise. Can you forgive me?"

"I-"

-•*•-
Date- 9-13-2020
Words- 1229

I'm sorry for the wait. I get really busy over the week with school.

Hope y'all enjoyed.

Cya~