8- Happy Hotel?

-80 years later-

As the years went by hell has changed, modernized. And I have changed with it, dropping the slang I would use when I was alive and wearing more trending clothes. I'm not one who wants to stand out.

The morning wind soothes my pounding skull. The forest is peaceful and quiet. Last night I went out with some friends and long story short, I drank to much like always. So I've escaped to the forest for some much needed thinking time.

It's been years since the incident with the radio demon. I've all but forgotten about that deer. Ever since then, he hasn't stepped foot in my territory. For that I am thankful.

I gaze around the forest. The leaves crunch under my feet. The critters of the forest chatter and move about. Peaceful walks were always one of my favorite things to do when I was alive. But I've been dead for so long, I've forgotten what it was like to be alive.

-Flashback-

The moon light shines lightly through the leaves. Birds chirp and the deer graze, the forest is at peace with my presence.

Blood cakes my arms and dress. The remains of my latest victim in the satchel at my side. I stop and listen for the sound of pursuit.

Nothing.

Just the birds and the deer.

My shadow tails behind me, also scouting for enemies and potential threats.

The full moon is the best time to preform spells and for this to work I need all the extra power I can get.

I come to the clearing which has a large flat rock in the center, the perfect place for this spell.

I set everything up. My shadow paces anxiously around the clearing. I light the final candle and I can feel the energy pulsing in the air and under the ground.

I sit and close my eyes, calling out to the god above and the demon below.

Throw them off my trail
Keep me safe from prying eyes
No one may know
No one may see
Keep my secret safe
Keep me free
No one may know
No one may see
No
One
Will
See

I open my eyes and the candles have burned almost completely out. I stand up and stretch, my magic feeling renewed. I take a deep breath enjoying the feeling. My shadow also looks renew and more present than before.

I smile to myself and pack up my stuff, heading back home as the moon lowers in the sky.

Little did I know someone did in fact see what I did when they followed me from my home. How I didn't sense the presence is beyond me.

-Flashback End-

While I was deep in thought I some how made my way back into the city. I look up to see that I'm on an unfamiliar street.

How did I? Where?

West side

West side?

Yes

How?

My shadow doesn't answer. I huff and cross my arms. I can't even recall who owns this part of the city. It changes so much between all the weaker demons. I pin my ears back and decide to keep a low profile.

I walk up and down the streets trying to find out who runs this part of the city and just enjoying the new views.

I stop in front of a curious sight. I giant, hotel-like building stands alone, looking fairly new yet empty. A huge sign at the top shines in bright neon letters.

"Happy Hotel?" I tilt my head.

Looks stupid

"I agree, but I am curious." I wonder what the point of a 'happy hotel' would be in hell.

Redemption

"What?"

Redemption and "fixing" demons. Sending them to heaven.

"Is that even possible?"

My shadow shrugs.

Most likely not. Let's go.

I'm about to turn and follow my shadow down that street but something stops me. A feeling, mostly curiosity, draws me to the doors.

My shadow grabs my arm, trying to pull me away.

"What's your deal?!" I spin towards my shadow and glare.

We shouldn't good in there

"Why? Afraid I'll turn good and go to heaven letting your sorry ass in this shit hole."

My shadow lets go of me and crosses its arms.

Just no.

"You're not the boss of me. You're just a shadow."

My shadow shakes its head and dissolves. Just remember I was against this. It mutters before fully disappearing.

I turn back to the doors, making my way up to them. I run my hand through my hair quick and stand a bit taller. Then I lift my hand.

Knock

Knock

Knock

-•*•-
Date- 7-15-2020
Words- 808

So you've arrived at the happy hotel. I wonder how this will go down? And why was the shadow so against it? We shall find out soon!

Cya~