Rebel

In Volcano rock city, the trolls took to every new event with great passion and fervor. They were always energetic, especially when their queen decided to throw an impromptu concert. The energy was amplified by the fact that all through the city trolls had been seeing glimpses of all the other tribe leaders.

Speculation had run absolutely wild, especially when it was discovered that not only had a Techno troll been spotted, but that it was possibly the king of Techno to boot!

Suddenly, a troll near the back of the crowd yelled out. "Wait, look! It's Barb and the Techno troll!"

Another piped up quickly afterwards. "Not just any Techno troll, look at those arms! That's the king!"

"Wasn't his name Trollex or something?"

That started a wave of cheers for the approaching king and queen. "Queen Barb! King Trollex!"

Trollex paused in his flight, looking down at the crowd. "Are they... cheering for us?"

Barb grinned, and smiled up at him. "Yeah! We're the stars of the show, so let's not keep them waiting."

He looked over the cheering crowd, and got a rather wicked idea. "Barb, wanna have a little fun?"

"Always!"

He nodded, and then aimed himself upwards, flicking his fins to gain speed before pulling back and flipping in the air, tossing Barb up as he did. She let go of his hands, already knowing what they were doing. She pumped her fist in the air at the apex of the toss, pulling a little flip in the air as she began to fall back to the crowd.

Everyone watched with baited breath as she fell farther and farther, Trollex letting himself fall at the same pace, staying close. They grinned at each other, enjoying the adrenalin of the free fall. Once Trollex could make out the expressions on the trolls below them, he decided that they had fallen far enough. He held out a hand to Barb, who grabbed it eagerly.

He pulled them out of free fall in a slow curve, Barb and him sailing right over the heads of the cheering crowd. Barb managed to get a few high fives from hatchlings that were sitting up on their parents' heads or shoulders, nearly cackling from the energy rush.

Once they made it to the front stage, Trollex slowed himself, setting Barb gently down before moving to hover next to her. She held her hands out to her sides, palms down, which seemed to send a hush over the crowd. After a few beats of silence, she yelled out so everyone could hear her.

"Hello, my Rock trolls; today we have a whole bunch of guests! Here with me now, helping me pull off maybe the COOLEST intro in all history is King Trollex of the Techno trolls!"

"And the most dangerous!" Trollex's eyes widened the moment he recognized the voice of Essence, and he nearly zipped right off the stage. "What were you two THINKING?!"

Barb turned around, spotting the other leaders stepping out from back stage, Riff walking behind them as he poked his fingers together shyly. "Sorry, Barb, they figured it out and waited here for you guys..."

Quincy was standing at full height, trying to put on an air of authority. "Trollex, we we're worried sick when we went to check on you and found you missing...! Why would you leave without telling anyone?"

Delta crossed her arms over her chest, giving Trollex a look that made him feel like a tiny hatchling again. "I-I uh, um..."

Even Trollzart looked disappointed, shaking his head slowly as he hovered near Essence.

Trollex bit his lip, looking down as he rubbed at his arm. Seems he'd really disappointed them all... But he had so much fun, and he was perfectly safe, so was Barb! So, he didn't do anything wrong... right?