13| are you ready for it?

Wow

Wow. It was the only word I could find to describe my reaction when I saw Everest walk in through the front door of the house. She was wearing a spaghetti strap black bodycon dress that hugged all of her breathtaking curves with a pair of black Doc Martens and a leather jacket wrapped around her waist. Everest's hair sat perfectly curled below her elbows and surprisingly this time she wasn't wearing any makeup.

It didn't matter though, she looked just as beautiful without it.

Her eyes searched the room until they landed on me briefly. Peyton whispered something in her ear before she walked away and Everest nodded. She turned her gaze towards me and once our eyes met for the second time her lips curved into a smile.

Everest walked towards me, I was with O'Connor near the staircase with some of the girls from Kappa Kappa Delta house, but I met her halfway. "I thought you weren't going to show Ev."

"I wasn't planning on it," Everest chuckles. "Peyton insisted on celebrating tonight's win but I would rather be celebrating somewhere else. Other times I put up with it, but today I don't feel like partying." I honestly don't blame her, don't get me wrong I love parties, but after a while, doing the same thing every week gets kind of boring.

"Do you want to get out of here?" I suggested out of the blue, I didn't have anything planned, but I was certain that it wouldn't matter where we ended up.

When Coach Jennings told me around a month ago that I had to help Everest train for the start of the season I wasn't as amused. Before our training sessions started the only civil conversation I had with her was the one at the party at the house on our second week of class. Even though we were on the same team, we had never spoken a word to each other. Everest has always been a mystery to all of us, to me. And the more time I got to spend with her the more eager I was to figure her out because if you asked me, she was a mystery worth solving.

The quiet, shy, opinionated at times girl that swam in lane four and sat at the end of Emerson's class was so much more than just that. There are so many layers to her that you don't even know to exist. "I honestly thought you were never going to ask."

I give Everest a smile before I followed her outside to the entrance of the house. "I know I suggested that we get out of here but I don't have an idea on where to go exactly any suggestions?"

Everest's face instantly lights up. "I may have an idea, but that involves you trusting me. Think you can do that Matthew Connery?"

She teases making me chuckle. "I can actually, I'm not the one with the overbearing trust issues."

Ev's mouth dropped and I snorted with laughter. She always tried to find a way to tease me but it never worked because every time she tried I always responded with a sassy comeback. "It's the rude attitude for me." Everest rolls her eyes. "Can we take your car?"