29| tokyo bound

"You shouldn't be here," I say finally speaking up after I had watched Everest rummage through Stensby's things for a good three minutes

She instantly froze the moment she heard my voice. She got up from the floor with two bottles of Fireball and she turned around to face me. "I know, I'm not welcomed here, but as far as I'm concerned unless you have a court order I have the freedom to be wherever the hell I want. So if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere to be."

I could tell by the look on her face how angry she was, after all this time that was the only thing I had built up the courage to say. Once again this was me letting my pride get in the way of things. "You know, out of all of the things I could've imagined, I didn't take you for an easy one Ev. I had to work for it, but I guess Sèbastien just got lucky."

That hurt her. I'm not going to lie, seeing Everest walk in with Sébastien made me fucking mad. She barely even knows him and they were already holding hands? No fucking way. That used to be us. I couldn't bare the thought of thinking how he touched her the way I used to or how he kissed those beautiful pink lips.

"That's low even for you, besides your one to talk." Everest fires back. That's my girl. She never holds anything back.

I chuckle. "I don't know why me fucking around with Inez surprises you Everest, because when you met me that was all I did."

I was pissed off and hurt. So the only thing I could think of was making her feel the way she was making me feel although I was acting like a complete asswipe.

"You have a stick so far up your ass Matthew Connery," Everest says looking down.

"Excuse me?" I question.

"You heard me right but just in case you didn't, I said that you have a stick so far up your ass. How come I didn't see it before?" She pauses. What does she mean by that? "You think you had it rough don't you? I can't blame you though, you're the most self-centered person I've ever met, how could you notice?"

I'm the most self-centered person she's ever met? I think she has me confused with Dant. "How could I notice what Everest?"

"That you're not the only fucking one that is going through it, Connery. I am in part to blame but you never asked. You never gave me the chance to explain. Why do you think I didn't tell you? I was struggling to find a way to do it. Why? Because how was I supposed to tell the guy I was beginning to fall for that once again his family was going to fall apart? I didn't know how to tell you because I know how much Conrad means to you and I didn't want you to hurt the same way you did when you left your dad behind."

I never thought about it that way. She was right, I never asked. I just assumed and I acted like I was the one whose life got fucked up. She was on the verge of crying and I couldn't stand the fact that I was the reason. I've treated her like shit all this time and I never thought about the reason why it was so difficult for her to tell me.