45| tied to you

Do you believe in soulmates?  Peyton once asked me as we were both curled up on our beat-up couch watching The Notebook in the first apartment we had leased together off-campus

Do you believe in soulmates?  Peyton once asked me as we were both curled up on our beat-up couch watching The Notebook in the first apartment we had leased together off-campus. At the time, my answer was a straight-up no. Now, as I sit next to Connery in the white Honda he rented while he drove to the restaurant where we would be having dinner my answer looks a little bit different.

Connery, he's like nobody else I've come across in this lifetime. When I'm around him, it's like I'm split in half. Part of me sets itself on fire when I'm missing his touch. On the other hand, the other half of me is serene and gratified because I know that years may pass us by and he will always be the one for me. His arms are powerful enough to hold on to every fear, every beautiful shattered piece of me. He doesn't just make me feel complete, it's quite the contrary actually, he completes me.

"What are you thinking about?" Connery grabs my hand as he places a gentle kiss on the top of my hand. "You look distracted."

My lips break into a smile. "It's nothing bad I promise, I'm just thinking about what I'm going to order when we get to the restaurant."

Connery instantly breaks into laughter. "I honestly don't know why I even asked, I should've guessed."

"I was only kidding for the most part." I chuckle. "I was thinking about what my order would be, but the main thought clouding my mind right now is how happy I am that I'm here with you."

Connery's lips curve into a smile. "I'm happy that I'm here with you too preciosa. I can't wait to show you what I have planned for us tonight."

"I can't wait to find out what it is since you insisted to be secretive about it," I say and Connery rolls his eyes at me making me laugh.

"Has anyone told you how much of an impatient person you are Everest Green?" Connery asks.

"Multiple times," I pause. "But I don't see how you're any different Matthew Connery. I have to take trips to Victoria's Secret almost every week because someone who won't be named rips my underwear almost every time because he can't wait for me to take it off."

Connery's reaction was priceless. "So, what were you thinking about ordering?" I couldn't help but laugh. Two can play this game and I played it better this time around.

The drive to the restaurant was a twenty-minute drive from the hotel we were staying at. After teasing Connery for a few minutes, we talked a little about today's meet and how his post-meet interview had gone. Connery is very outgoing (more outgoing than I'll ever be, that's for sure) but when it comes to post-meet interviews, he gets a little nervous and stressed out. More than he would like actually.

How the media portrays him as an athlete plays an important role in his career. A bad day can lead to a whole domino effect of bad press. This is why he's always extra careful when it comes to the way he answers the questions he's asked. Sometimes they would throw him the bait to see if he falls for it, but at this point, he's a pro at it. With the nerves and all, you could tell that he was made for this.