11| starry skies

I was going to murder Ross Nathaniel Dant

I was going to murder Ross Nathaniel Dant. That little piece of shit knew I was busy in my room with Inez yet he still let Everest come up to my room. Everest wasn't expecting to find a 6'1 tall blonde wearing just a t-shirt in my room from the look on her face and I wasn't on planning on her running into Inez at all.

Inez is on my Human Genetics class, I've known her for a while now though. I met her in my sophomore year through O'Connor. She was best friends with O'Connor's girlfriend at the time. Inez is a gorgeous girl, she's the outside hitter of our volleyball team and she's been the only girl who I brake my rule with from time to time. With her, everything is simple, no strings and no complications. So when I ran into her at the parking lot on campus we talked and we ended up under my bedsheets.

Now, whilst I finished getting dressed and I cleaned up my room to the point where it looked decent I thought of the many ways I could apologize to Everest for the awkward encounter but I couldn't find the right way. After a good ten minutes, I figured my room couldn't get any more decent than what it already was so I walked downstairs to find Everest.

To my surprise, I didn't find the usual shy girl sitting in a corner all by herself. Instead, she was playing video games (FIFA to be exact)  with O'Connor, Becker, and Dant in the living room and she was pretty good at it. In fact, she was kicking Dant's and Becker's ass.

"Bro, it was about time you came downstairs," O'Connor said whilst he tried to take the ball away from Becker. "Not that I'm complaining though, Everest surprisingly makes a great partner. A much better than you if I'm being honest."

I chuckle at my best friend's comment. "Aren't you guys supposed to be at the Tavern?"

"We were on our way out but Jonathan asked us to wait for him. He just came back from basketball practice, he's in the shower." Dant replied.

"Goal!" Both O'Connor and Everest shouted out of the blue. Everest had scored the winning goal to the end of the match and Dant was not happy. "Bet you weren't expecting that one Dant. How does it feel to take an L for the second time in a span of just two weeks?"

"That was clearly outside and you know it Green," Dant complained. "Becker and I deserve a rematch, not right now but some other time when you come by."

Dant's comment earned a laugh from Everest. "I'll play with you again when you stop being a sore loser Ross."

Everest spits sassily as she got up from the black leather couch that sat in the middle of the room. O'Connor and Becker began to tease Dant and I couldn't help but laugh. This girl was definitely something else. "Are you ready to get started?"

I nod and she follows me back upstairs to my room. Everest's small figure stood by the door and I realized that after what had happened a few minutes ago she wasn't comfortable with sitting on my bed. I pulled Stensby's desk chair next to mine so we could sit near my desk instead. "You can put down your things wherever you're comfortable with."