16| broken record

I wish I could say that Olivia and I's visit to the Dean of Student Affairs was successful but it was anything but as you could probably already tell

I wish I could say that Olivia and I's visit to the Dean of Student Affairs was successful but it was anything but as you could probably already tell. Between the dean's ignorant way of handling rape cases on campus and the counselor's lack of professionalism, it didn't surprise me that these kinds of things were happening here. For a woman who got her degree at Stanford, you would think she would be smarter than that.

As of right now, we were all sitting in Jared's office discussing what our next steps would be with both Macy's and Emily's case. We only had two victims as of now, which in some cases would be enough but for this one Jared wants to more than two.

He doesn't want to go only after Tommy, he wants to take down the school as well and for that, we needed more evidence that this has been happening behind closed doors for some time now. We are certain of it, but we need more evidence to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt.

"What do you want me to do Jared?" Olivia asks in frustration. "You asked for a second victim and I found you one."

"Olivia, you need to understand that with no rape kits and with one of your victims locked up in a psychiatric institution it's not enough." Jared pauses. "I told you that going after the school and Tommy Scott wasn't going to be easy. Do I need to repeat the reasons why we still can't go after Tommy Scott and the school? I'm starting to sound like a broken record."

I have been sitting here for the past twenty-minutes listening to Jared and Olivia argue about the same issues over and over again. I had evidence that would surely help the case, but I was going to have to explain myself and that was the part I wasn't looking forward to. I was hoping it didn't have to come down to this, but I didn't have a choice. "I have something to show you guys."

I interrupt, making Jared's and Olivia's attention turn towards me. I put myself on the spot. Great. "What is it, Everest?" Olivia asks.

"Before I show you guys the video, I promise to answer all of your questions, but I won't implicate anyone else who was there with me." I pause. In my mind, I had the perfect plan, but so far I wasn't executing it quite well. "I was at Laguna Seca a week ago with some friends, while I was there I spotted Tommy having a heated argument with a girl. I followed them and I filmed the whole thing. I even punched him in the face, I have to admit that I had been looking forward to that one."

I handed Olivia and Jared my phone and I watched closely their reaction as they watched the two-minute video. By the time they were finished, I knew that I was screwed. "What were you doing at Laguna Seca Everest? Girls like you shouldn't be hanging around that place." Olivia adds.

I roll my eyes. So I have been told. Why does everyone keep saying that? "I can't exactly say."

"You can and you will Everest," Jared says in a demanding tone. "Laguna Seca is the place where most gangs hang out to do illegal stuff like races and sell drugs."