Tigers

I heard birds singing around me, and I felt myself moving. I opened my eyes, and I was laying down in the middle of a covered wagon. The old man was laying down next to a teenager, with brown hair and he sort of looked like Daniel. I slowly sat up, and I looked over to see who was driving.

It was Daniel, that's when I remembered what had happened. I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I saw the flaps that lead to the road. I looked back at Daniel, I'm sorry. I un-hooked the cover near me and crawled out. I landed on the ground, rolling next the edge of the woods. The wagon was stopping, and I ran into the woods.

I ran as fast as I could, and I didn't know where I was going but I didn't care. I heard the sound of rushing water. I made my way toward the water, it was a beautiful waterfall. I walked to the edge of the river. I took my hands, and cupped water in them, washing my face.

Wondering what was happening to me. I took my shoes off and walked into the cold water, it felt so good against my tired feet. I looked around, that's when I saw a flash of orange in the bushes. I knew it was Daniel. I walked back to my shoes and put them on.

"Daniel, I know you are here!" I yelled out.

Slowly, I saw his tiger body come out of the bushes. I gasped, tears ran down my face. He was so beautiful, that's when I realized I had missed him so much. Daniel came over to me, and I wrapped my arms around his neck and cried. I felt his arms wrap around me in return.

I sat in his lap, crying my heart out. "Y-You left me... Daniel. You promised me you wouldn't, but you did anyway." I said through the tear.

Daniel rocked me, "I know... I won't leave you ever again." He said. Finally, the tears stopped. Daniel brushed my hair out of my face. I smiled up at him, and he lightly kissed me on the forehead. He helped me stand, and we walked back to the wagon.

The other men were still sleeping when we got back. Daniel lifted me up next to him on the driving bench. We were again on our way again.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We are going to the center of the shifter world where my family lives in the Great Grey Castle." I looked at him.

"That means that you... you're the Prince." He nodded his head.

We talked for awhile, and it was around noon when we stopped. Daniel jumped down and lead the horses to a clearing where we could rest. I heard the guys starting to wake up. The younger one looked at me with shock, and he shoved the older one. Both of them now were staring, I laughed at them. I jumped down, and Daniel was now beside me.

I helped him un-hook the horses to give them a break. When we were done the other two had un-packed our lunches. I sat down next to Daniel and started to eat. Everyone was quiet, and I looked up. Everyone was staring at me.

I wiped the the food off my face, "What?" I asked.

The young man smiled, "It's just you don't act like a princess."

I laughed, "I know I don't. I had to hide the princess, because people wanted to kill me so I had to hide everyone about being a princess. Also, I didn't catch your names." I said.

"I am Eric Grey, and this oldy right here is Jack Phillips. We are here with you in till we get you safely to the castle." He said.

I looked at Daniel then at Eric. "So, why are you taking me to the castle? I am just a princess, right?"