Chapter 2

•••

•••

Evie was walking, well more dragging herself, alongside her motorbike on the sidewalk to her house. She was quite light-headed and really tired. Why? The day before, after school, a friend of her - not really, in fact, they do talk and spend time together at school but that's it - texted her asking if she would go out in Port Angeles with them. Evie gladly agreed. She needed to loosen up a bit and think about something else than Universities and family. She needed to have fun. It had been a while since she didn't. So she went out with some friends and there was obviously alcohol. I let you guess how it ended up.

Evie kept walking, sighed tiredly and looked up to see her house. But there was light coming from the living room and multiples cars parked in the sideway. It was almost one in the morning. It wasn't normal. Everyone should be sleeping. Evie sighed again.

"Damn it," she groaned. She was in deep troubles. Did she mention that she didn't tell her mother about going out at night? The middle child of the Clearwater water family parked her motorbike and a second later, the front door burst open, revealing an angry yet relieved Sue Clearwater.

"Evita Margaret Clearwater." She said, clearly angry. Evie never saw her mother that angry before, let alone against her. But there was a first time at everything, right? "Where the hell were you so late at night?!"

Evie groaned, slightly holding her head. Her mother screaming wasn't helping the headache that she had. She walked towards the house and entered it.

"Actually, it's early in the morning," Evie said walking passed her mother.

"I'm not kidding, young lady."

Evie was about to answer her mother when her tired eyes caught sight of their living room. Everyone was there, sitting on the couch or standing, looking at her. By everyone, it meant the council, her siblings and Sam's gang, even Emily, Sam's girlfriend - and her cousin - for who he ditched her sister was there. It explained why there were so many cars parked outside. Did her mother call them all to look for her? Wow. Evie genuinely thought she wouldn't even have noticed she was out. Looks like she was wrong.

"We were so worried, I was so worried," Sue said, still angry. The mother really did freak out when she didn't saw her daughter in her room. But what her mother said made Evie frowned and she couldn't help but shot back at her.

"Because you cared?" Evie bitterly asked. It was mostly because of alcohol, other ways she would never have asked that.

"Evita," Sue warned.

"What?" Evie chuckled. "You act like I left the country. You're all worried and shit but you ignored me for months. I have the right to ask."

"Are you tipsy?" Leah asked, even though she already knew the answer. She could smell the alcohol around Evie.

"Umm... Maybe a little bit," Evie answered and chuckled, joining her index and thumb to emphasised the word little. Leah glared and almost growled at her. She, too, was so worried when she couldn't find her sister. She thought something happened to her. Recently, going out at night was not safe (and never really was). "Oh c'mon I went out with some friends, it's not that big of a deal."