Chapter 14

•••

•••

The pack were walking in the woods in their wolves form. They were going to watch the training session with the Cullens. After the party, Jacob, Quil and Embry went to Sam to explain to him the situation. Of course, he accepted. The pack had to protect the city and who would refuse to kill some vampires? So, here they were, walking to the woods to go to a kind of plain. But Sam didn't trust the vampires enough to come in their human form. In their wolves form, if something happened, they would already be ready to fight. Also, Evie and Jacob didn't talk yet. Actually, Evie was walking at the extreme opposite side of Jacob. She refused to talk to him yet. She was still kind of mad at him for being so furious over something so ridiculous. And, thanks (?) to their telepathy link, the whole pack was aware of what happened. Most of the pack members weren't quite happy that Evie was so friendly with a vampire. But since he had saved her life, they understood her and weren't mad at all. Unlike Jacob. Embry and Seth were with Evie, trying to make her think about something else. Bringing back the topic wasn't a good idea. They all could felt her anger - and Jacob's anger - and they really didn't want another argument again.

After a moment, the sweety sour scent of vampires filled the nostrils of the wolves. They were closed. Then, they heard the sound of a car and a human scent with a vampire one. Bella arrived with Edward. The pack then emerged from the tree, Sam being ahead of the group, and walked down a little hill until a fallen tree. Edward explained to Carlisle why the pack were in their wolf form after reading Sam's mind. The father figure of the Cullen family said that the fact that they came was what mattered and asked his son to translate what the wolves would say. Jacob walked a bit to Bella who greeted him. But Sam then told him to not go further and stay where he was. To Bella, it was just two wolves growling at each other. Carlisle then talked, welcoming them and saying that Jasper would teach them how to defeat newborns since he already had fought them in the past. Sam then briefly looked at Jacob and asked in what the newborns were different from vampires. Edward who read his mind told that to Carlisle who answered that newborns were stronger thanks to their blood still being in their veins. Vampires were the strongest in the first months of their existence. Carlisle then looked at Jasper who nodded. He went to the centre, briefly eyed the wolves before talking. He agreed with Carlisle and explained that it was for that reason that they had been made. No human army is stronger than a vampire newborn army. According to Jasper, the two most important things were to never let their arms around you. They would crunch you instantly. The second was to never go for the obvious kill. They would be expecting that and you would loose. Jasper then called Emmett. The training session was about to begin.

Emmett rushed to Jasper who blocked him. Emmett then threw Jasper meters away but he quickly stood up and rushed to his brother. Emmett tried to punch Jasper but the blond vampire dodged and elbowed Emmett in the chest so hard that he fell backwards. The wolves were watching carefully. Scanning their every move, memorizing their habits. They were taking the training really seriously.