True Feelings: anecdotes

Evie and Jacob argument
When Jacob confessed his feelings to Evie, she was supposed to reject him because she was convinced he was in love with Bella. Their argument was supposed to be a lot bigger with yelling and harsh words. Jacob was even supposed to phase out of anger and claw Evie on her arm and chest. The pack would have came and Seth would have almost fight with Jacob to have hurt his sister. But since I changed the end of the battle and that Evie would be the one saving Leah and being crushed by the newborn, I thought it would be too much. I felt like Evie would always get injured in the story. So I didn't write that part.

Evie's being injured by the newborn
I was hesitating to change the end. I didn't know if I let the end like how Stephanie Meyer wrote it (Jacob being injured) or if I change it into Evie's being the one injured. But after thinking about it a lot, I thought that making Evie the one injured would make Jacob realise is true feelings for her. Besides, since Leah and Evie are sisters and that sibling bonds are very strong in the Clearwater household, I thought it would make more sense that Evie would protect her older sister.

Evie's and Jacob's talk after the battle
After Evie was injured and Carlisle had treated her wound, she talked with Jacob. At first, like I said before, Jacob was the one supposed to be injured. In that case, Evie would have confess her feelings to him and forget the fact that Jacob was once in love with Bella. But I thought that it was "too easy". I wanted Evie to be sure about Jacob's feelings towards her and I wanted Jacob to tell her how he truly felt. I didn't want Evie to pass over the fact that Jacob was being indecisive and confusing just because he was injured.

Victoria's death
At first I wanted Evie to be the one killing Victoria. But I didn't want to change too much events. I thought that it was better and more logical that Evie would be on the field, fighting with the pack and looking after them. Besides, Edward and Bella had a lot more scores to settle with her.

The pack finding out about Evie's internship
At the begging, after finding out that Evie would go to the other side of the country, Leah and Jacob were supposed to be angry and argued with Evie. But I felt like there would be too many arguments so I thought it would be better to privilege the cold and snob but calm behavior of Evie. I thought it was better to make them slowy a.d subtlely understand with small things (cold behaviour, snobing, not spending time with them) that nothing would go back the way they were just with a snap of a finger rather than with yelling and arguing.